1.    #1  
    I sync my Pre Plus with my gmail account. Works wonderfully, but from what I've read (and thus haven't bothered to try), it doesn't work with tasks.
    I need a way to sync tasks on my pre tasks with my cloud computing, be it gmail or some other automated way. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Tasks was one of the most disappointing aspects of webOS. It just seemed that Palm broke from it's PDA roots in many ways, especially tasks.

There are several task solutions in the App Catalog and other sources. I tried RTM, Remember The Milk, for about a year. I paid the $25 for premium so I could use other clients, but I was never satisfied with it.

A month or two after going with RTM, I also bought PocketMirror from Chapura. It came with tasks, but I ignored it 'cause I already had RTM. I only used PocketMirror for notes, which worked great.

I was using Cloud Tasks to maintain my RTM tasks on my Pre, but it suddenly stopped working (when I launched it, it just would just hang). Cow Tasks never worked.

So I went back to maintaining my tasks on Outlook and syncing with Pocketmirror, the way I had been doing for about 10 years with my PalmOS devices. I'm very happy with it.

So... long story short... I use PocketMirror with Outlook, and I'm very happy with it.

Hope that helps!
    before I started using EAS I used the task functions in Pocket Mirror. That costs $$, but works great. Have you looked at Pocket Mirror, CompanionLink, etc?

They all have a 7-day trial so you can check them out without cost.

EDIT: I should point out that one of the key benefits to me is that I have been using Outlook tasks for many years, and the Pocket Mirror app works/syncs perfectly with that. On the Pre I am using the task app that Pocket Mirror comes with as part of the app cost. If Palm ever gets it's PIM act together, I can just use the Palm app and continue with Outlook un-interrupted.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/18/2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  4.    #4  
    The problem with using Outlook is that I'll need to keep multiple computers in sync (the Palm Pre essentially convinced me to abandon Outlook in favor of gmail online).

What about google documents? I would have no problem maintaining an online spreadsheet if it would somehow sync with my device.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I use ToodleDo and Done (on the Pre). I feel that ToodleDo is superior to Remember The Milk.

Toodledo : A to-do list to organize your tasks
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    I use ToodleDo and Done (on the Pre). I feel that ToodleDo is superior to Remember The Milk.

Toodledo : A to-do list to organize your tasks
    So do you use it on your pre via a web browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    The problem with using Outlook is that I'll need to keep multiple computers in sync (the Palm Pre essentially convinced me to abandon Outlook in favor of gmail online).

What about google documents? I would have no problem maintaining an online spreadsheet if it would somehow sync with my device.
    Yeah, multiple computers would be a problem with PocketMirror. I don't know why they don't support it. I use my work laptop exclusively for Outlook, so it works fine for me.

Not sure about google docs. I've dabbled with it, but never got much satisfaction.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    So do you use it on your pre via a web browser?
    I use "Done" on the Pre. It is available through the App Cataolog. Done itself syncs with the Toodledo web site.
    I would second the nod for "Done!" It is flexible and affordable and setting up Toodledo.com is free and easy [there is a subscription version if you need more features]. There is a free beta of Done! in homebrew that you can try, but I ran into a few glitches with synchronizing so I went ahead and bought the full version [it's only a few dollars] and it has worked flawlessly.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I would second the nod for "Done!" It is flexible and affordable and setting up Toodledo.com is free and easy [there is a subscription version if you need more features]. There is a free beta of Done! in homebrew that you can try, but I ran into a few glitches with synchronizing so I went ahead and bought the full version [it's only a few dollars] and it has worked flawlessly.
    Thanks I'll look into it.
    +1 for Done! and Toodledo.

I am a convert from Remember the Milk. Whereas RTM was great and I liked how I could get it to display on my Google Calendar, RTM STILL is dragging their lazy butts and have not put together a webOS app yet. Furthermore, homebrew attempts at a RTM app have been pretty weak and unfleshed out (sorry. I wanted to like them, and there is talk of re-doing one of the apps, but that seems to have gone by the way side.).

With the half-price sale I picked up Done! and started a Toodledo account and haven't looked back. It works well IMHO and I think I can get it to display on my Google Calendar as well (haven't tried yet tho).

Just MHO.
    I gave up on Outlook for that reason and a couple of others. I've gone to Thunderbird and I can sync contacts and multiple calendars, but no tasks as far as I know.
  13.    #13  
    OK I set up toodledo and done. It seems like it will fulfill my needs (truth be told I was never particularly good at keeping a task ledger with Outlook beforehand).
    Is there any way to set up reminder notifications like you can with the calendar on gmail & the pre?
    For a long time I used Windows Mobile for me and my wife and used a common hosted exchange account for contacts, calendar and tasks. Now thaat I have the Pre+ and she is still on WM, I am having a tough time figuring out how to sync our tasks with both phones. I have been using Done! but I can't sync her phone with Toodledo also...at least I don't think I can without messing up our common hosted exchange for contacts and calendar...

Done is OK, but I am really hoping Palm steps up the native app....
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Done! on my Pre with Toodledo has been the best task system I've found. Tasks added to the Done! app (which means offline) sync to Toodledo and that syncs to google cal through ical subscription. This means my Done!/Toodledo task also show up on my Pre Calendar since that syncs with my google calendar. There are also many toodledo gadgets for Google, so I also have my tasks showing up in iGoogle as my desktop browser homepage and also as a sidebar in my google calendar (editable)

So to recap...if I add a task on my Pre through the Done! app I see it:
    * on my Pre in Done! (obviously)
    * on my Pre in my native calendar app
    * on my Pre in my Agenda app
    * on my desktop on Toodledoo
    * on my desktop on Google Calendar as an all day event
    * on my desktop on Google Galendar as a sidebar widget task list
    * on my desktop on iGoogle homepage (my defalut homepage)