Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hello, I have a quick question about syncing my contacts to Google. On my Google account I currently only show 19 contacts. My phone easily has 50, probably more like 70. Anyway, my question is, how can I sync all of these contacts to Google? Thanks in advance.
    In the contact application, click in the top left hand corner and select Preferences/Account, under there you should see your list of synced accounts, then one is your default. If you want them to all be added/updated to your google account, make sure it is set as the default account.

Scroll down, a little, and you will see an option that says Sync Now, click that and that's all it takes.

I just tried this myself, to make sure it works, because I have added some new contacts on my phone and wanted to avoid adding them manually to my gmail!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    strange, I tried exactly what you said and it did not sync to my Google account. When I log into my Gmail under Contacts I still only have 19 contacts.
    Okay, that is weird. Like I said, I just did it and my google updated right away with the new contacts.

Have you tried making your Palm Profile your default to see if it will garner all of them?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    There's about a hundred threads on this already, so a search will almost certainly help you.

But, you need to understand that the Contacts app manages different "accounts" and anything that you enter on the Pre is filed in the "default" account. If you had the default set to Palm Profile and entered some contacts, then they are filed in the Palm Profile account and will not sync to Google. You can move them to the Google account either manually or by exporting/importing ... for that small of a number I would recommend manually copying them.
    Question, I changed google to be my default, synced, and it added the contacts from google, and erased everything that was on my Pre. Is there a way to get that info back?