Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I have downloaded a gmail special calendar and have the events on my gmail account. However, those events do not show up on my Pre. Not that it matters, but it's the Minnesota Twins schedule.

The holidays calendar that I imported to gmail shows up on my Pre, but not the baseball calendar.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    I have downloaded a gmail special calendar and have the events on my gmail account. However, those events do not show up on my Pre. Not that it matters, but it's the Minnesota Twins schedule.

The holidays calendar that I imported to gmail shows up on my Pre, but not the baseball calendar.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark
    It will start to work once they get back into 1st place in the division!

I had this happen to me with other imported calendars, it took some deleting and re-adding it to make it work. Not sure what made it work, just that it did eventually.

I know it is not really good advice or a fix, but that's what I did.

Good Luck!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I've got 6 calendars in my gmail account. On my Pre, I get all 6, plus the Palm default/profile one.

I subscribed to the Twins calendar through Gmail and synced to my Pre. Didn't show up. Maybe there is a limit on the number of calendars you can have?

Hopefully someone else will know.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    You have more than I. I deleted and re-subscribed and nothing. Thanks for the responses -- even the crack about the Twins .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    You have more than I. I deleted and re-subscribed and nothing. Thanks for the responses -- even the crack about the Twins .
    All in good fun. Braves fan myself.
    I tried add/removing even other calendars and nothing. Strange.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...calendars.html

This is from last year, but apparently the sports calendars won't sync unless you get them from some place other than Google.

there is a great app called "sports calendar" that will put the schedules of your favorite teams in almost every sport in your calendar....but if you want to go the route your trying there is an option in your google calendar to import the sports team onto your main calendar, then it will show up on your pre....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    there is a great app called "sports calendar" that will put the schedules of your favorite teams in almost every sport in your calendar....but if you want to go the route your trying there is an option in your google calendar to import the sports team onto your main calendar, then it will show up on your pre....
    Thank you for the tip on the app. The problem I'm encountering is in doing what you suggest in the second part of your post. I've imported to Google, but it will not show up on my Pre. I think Oakridge Outdoors duplicated my problem.
    Have you thought about adding a new calendar with the information imported in? I have 6 different google calendars on my main google account.
    I've never been able to sync the Lion's Calendar on Google Calendar, but the Google provided holidays do sync. It would be nice if Google allowed me to choose.
    I have the same problem. The US Holiday calender shows up fine, but the NFL and NCAA football team calenders do not sync to my Pre+
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Google cannot link up the sports calenders they provide - something to do with legal reasons. You can subscribe to a iCal calender via a URL in your Google Calnder and then it will show up. However I cannot seem to get the link to import.
    Yep. Last year my Google sports calendars showed up just fine, but they stopped working earlier this year. I gave up and purchased the Sports Calendar app. All my teams sync to my calendar with alerts for the games, and I can color code and and name them.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Yep, there's no official way around it because those events are not "embedded" in you main calendar. Google is basically overlaying them on top.

There is a workaround but it is a PITA. What I do with the Heat events is click them and there is an option "copy to my calendar" that will actually embed it. You will have to do it one by one which isn't as bad for NFL but for NBA that's 82+ clicks not counting the playoffs. It will get them to show and sync to the Pre though.