Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. webOSnewB's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #1  
    Sorry, but i had no time to research if anyone else had posted a similar question. I would like to know how to sync yahoo email and gmail from my phone. I remember I used to know how to do it and now i just plain forgot. I would like to delete an email from gmail on my pre and then have that email also deleted from gmail browser. The same case follows for yahoo. I know i could do it with gmail, but am unsure if yahoo offers this capability.

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Have a look over this Palm KB.
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Setting up email accounts

    If you hit any road blocks, let us know!
  3. #3  
    i am successfully getting my hotmail email on my device and in outlook, but i cannot get them sync-ed. a delete/read in one does not update the other.

    any ideas?
  4. #4  
    the only way to truly 'sync' those systems is to set them up as IMAP4 accounts.
  5. kapryt's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #5  
    When I "synergize" my contacts they're GREAT, on my Pre.... meanwhile back a Gmail-land... they're the same... anyway to remedy that?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kapryt View Post
    When I "synergize" my contacts they're GREAT, on my Pre.... meanwhile back a Gmail-land... they're the same... anyway to remedy that?
    Synergy will pull data from multiple locations (gmail, exchange, facebook, etc...) and aggregate the data on your phone and your "Default Account" to select your Default Account:

    Open Contacts
    Tap top right and select Preferences and Accounts
    Scroll down to Default Account
    Tap and then select the account you want as default.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlie View Post
    i am successfully getting my hotmail email on my device and in outlook, but i cannot get them sync-ed. a delete/read in one does not update the other.

    any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    the only way to truly 'sync' those systems is to set them up as IMAP4 accounts.
    Pearlie,

    Here is a quick read on POP vs IMAP. Should be just a few in of your time.
    IMAP vs. POP3 E-mail Accounts Comparison - Upperhost.com
  8. #8  
    I'm not sure why, and surprised I never noticed this before, but looking at my contact list, it seems like all my contacts email addresses are synched from facebook only. I went into my email app to see if I could import directly from Hotmail, but have found nolink for this. I also checked the link in the second post but found nothing on the issue. Any ideas?

Posting Permissions