Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I can plug my phone in to pc and set it to usb and one by one sync them but they all go into the music player. then I have to manually add them to the ringtones and delete them from music player. Seems there would have to be an easier faster way to just sync entire list directly into ringtones. I have read that when you plug it in usb it should pull up the folders on the phone and you can pick where you want things but it doesnt. It just shows up picture options on the computer. Can someone please help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch
    if you place your ringtones in the ringtones folder... they should not show up in the music player.

When you put the phone in usb mode... and open it up on your computer like a usb drive it shows you the folders currently available in your media partition... I dont understand what you mean by picture options... if you want your pictures to go in a certain folder, you put them in that folder... if you want your ringtones in your ringtone folder you put them there... if you want your music in your music folder open up that folder and drag them into that.

And by the way... its not syncing anything... you are simply moving files on and off of your usb drive.... like you would with any usb drive, or internal hard drive...
    It sounds like you may have some other software getting in the way of normally accessing the USB drive, but it should show up like any other mounted drive (if you're in Windows, it will probably have its own drive letter). Once you find the drive, just copy the files you want into the \ringtones folder, which Music Player ignores.

I prefer using Wi-Fi to USB, so I set up my Pre to do all of this via FTP, which can be a nice timesaver and a possible workaround to various issues with USB mode.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thanks for the reply. The issue is when i plug it in and select usb mode it automatically pulls up an auto play feature on the pc which only has picture features. It doesnt show me any folders on the pre unless theres another way im supposed to access them somewhere else from the computer im not sure of. When you plug yours in does it automatically pull up the folders on your phone?
    Me, I always disable autoplay, but I had an idea something like that was getting in your way. Ignore it; close the window that automatically opens. Instead, look under Computer for a new drive letter containing your Pre's USB data. As bluewanders mentions, this should show up like any other hard drive.

The \ringtones folder will be in the root of the new USB drive that appears there.

If you're not familiar with Windows, try holding down the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and pressing E. This combination will open an Explorer view, from which you can use the left pane to navigate to your computer's drives.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thanks both of you this worked I thought i was supposed to access it from autoplay but looking under computer worked perfectly so much easier than how ive been doing it so thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I dont know where you get your ringtones and wallpapers but heres a site i found and its completely free so check it out Free ringtone,free wallpaper,free games,free video for the mobile phones