1.    #1  
    I'm a newbie needing advice (searching forum didn't help). Trying to install memos from PC to Pre and running the installer (PDtoCN.exe), I get an error because the PC is looking for a network resource called "Palm Desktop by ACCESS.msi". That file is nowhere on my hard drive, and I cannot find a download of it on the web. Palm Desktop (by Access) Version 6.2.2 is installed on my PC. I am flummoxed. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim
    access.msi would be on the install cd. That is a file extension for install files.

as a suggestion, get companionlink (trial is fully functioning) and use that to sync with the desktop.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ahhh, i had this same problem when installing Echo by Chapura...and now, i recollect installing Palm Desktop the last time with a zip file... thus no access.msi...
    what version of palm desktop are you trying to install? You should be able to download the installer from palm.com
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    to clarify, I wasn't trying to install PalmDesktop... its been installed on this laptop for 5 years... I WAS trying to install ECHO by Chapura... which absolutely has to have access.msi to finish its installation... the file doesn't exist in PD 6.2.2, not in my install anyways ...

cancelling the install was next to impossible... i couldn't stop ECHO from searching for access.msi... wrecked my anti-virus (Avira AntiVir) and i ended up in two days of computer triage to repair that...

now.. i'm unwilling to attempt a second install... or should i say...very... very... leery of a 2nd install attempt until i chat w/someone on preCentral who has successfully installed ECHO... Chapura isn't answering...
    hi gilcarvr,
    don't know, if your problem still exists: I downloaded the install-programm for PalmDesktop (exe). during installation there exists a file *.msi. i copied it because it's lost after installation. and it works )
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    appreciate it chrisly... I think I'm gonna decide that PalmDesktop can live the same way it has for the last 15 years... solely on my home computer...

While my new Palm Pre Plus will be charting new territory... going where no phone of mine has gone before... into the cloud... with aliases and gobbledygoup that nobody will be able to mine for data...

seeing as I'm no longer working... and seem unlikely to ever again in this obamaconomy, I've decided I really don't need all my contacts in my phone with me every second of the day anymore... anyhow...

I may decide to synch PalmDesktop with my Thunderbird e'mail contacts... but real names and addresses are never going to move into anyone's cloud...

I'm going for my webbed lawn chair and putting on my plaid shorts... gonna sit out front and yell at the cloud kiddies to "just get offa my lawn"