1.    #1  
    My Gmail notifications will not go away, long after I've opened the email and read it on the PC. My exchange account does remove notifications. When opening the email account, at that point in time the email syncs. Is this normal behavior? Sure would be nice if Gmail synced immediately and the notifications went away.
    I think the default sync is 30 minutes, you can set it to as arrives. If that doesn't work, you can set it up as an exchange sync. There's a thread about it somewhere.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think the default sync is 30 minutes, you can set it to as arrives. If that doesn't work, you can set it up as an exchange sync. There's a thread about it somewhere.
    It is set as to sync on arrival, which it does in terms of notifying me when an email come in. However, if I open the email on my computer, it will not disappear from the notification line, no matter how long I wait, until I open the email, open all inboxes, and then it will sync. Frankly, it's a pain.
    If you open all inboxes and tap on the "all inboxes" header bar it will show the last time it sync'd. Not sure why yours doesn't work for your. Gmail works like your eas sync for me.