1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just set up a calendar and subscribed another calendar without details (availability only).

The events from the subscription appear (without details) in google calender online, but they do not sync with the Pre.

What am I doing wrong? Any solution?
    In the Calendar app, go to Preferences & Accounts, tap the Calendar View Options button, make sure the subscribed calendar is turned ON.
  3.    #3  
    it is turned on (it is by default if you add a subscription to google).
    Google’s AS seems to not be working well of late, it’s not you. I carry an iPhone and a VZW Pre+, For Google Premier Apps and EAS the iPhone updates pretty well in a matter of seconds but for my the Pre+ rarely updates as expected - I updated my calendar yesterday to move a meeting back today, and deleted another event at 5 pm last night around noon, but the 5 pm alarm went off and none of my updates for this morning showed up - until I rebooted my Pre+. The Pre+ works perfectly with my EAS account. And, for my Google Apps account, the few subscriptions have been updating maybe every 24 hours or so. Really frustrating, this.
  5.    #5  
    I'm not sure this is the point, because synching with details works, just if details are disabled, it doesn't work.
    rot,
    bonesb's post just made me think of something, how are you adding your GMail account to your phone (as EAS or just using the GMail option)?
  7.    #7  
    no EAS, no GMail-account, just a google-calendar account, added via the calendar app "add account"
    In an attempt to mimic your setup, now my Google calendar is hosed, nothing is showing up, not even the primary account. I'm in the middle of troubleshooting so I'll let ya know how things turn out.
    What I have done up to this point was remove my Google calendar account, and removed by GMail account, and then went back into the calendar and added my Google calendar account. After doing that nothing showed up. So I removed my Google calendar account, went back into email and added my GMail back (thinking it would sync email and calendar again), but Google did not get added as a calendar account upon creating my GMail account.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Fixed my calendar problem, and this may be what you have to do in order to get your calendar to work properly.

One by one I began removing accounts tied to my GMail account (Email, Contacts, GTalk in Messenger, Calendar). Initially I removed both Email and Calendar and re added my Google email thinking it would properly re add my calendar stuff but it didn't. I ended up having to remove ALL accounts tied to my Google account. After doing that, when I added my Google account back into Email it then added and synced all the other applications properly (Calendar, Contacts, GTalk).

So, what you may want to try, remove all accounts settings you have tied into Google, then add your Google account in email and let it sync all of your Google information. When that's done (you no longer see the sync icon in the notification area), you can then go back and remove the accounts you don't use, like email, contacts, etc. I don't know which ones you don't use based on you saying you only use Google calendar. Hope this works for you.

My attempt to only add my account info into the calendar app failed. Hopefully the above will get you up and running.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #10  
    thanks for your time!

As already said, I have no google-service connected to that account but calendar. This is a plain google-calendar-account (with external mailadress).

There is not even any mail-adress connected to this Pre at the moment - just the calendar-account from google.

also, it's not a general synching problem, because if I set permissions from the subsctiption to "with details", the Pre synchs the events.

To me, it seems, that webOS cannot synch events which are from a subsctiption but do not have a name.

Can anybody confirm that?