Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I am fairly new to my Palm Pre + and Double Twist so please bear with me. The first time I used doubleTwist I thought it worked great. Unfortunately, I finally went to listen to my music on my phone and no music. So today I'm syncing it again. No lie, it's been going for almost an hour and it's not done. Should it take this long? What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks for your help,
    Jo Ann
  2. #2  
    First, you will need to make sure that you have no remnants of Double Twist on your Pre. If everything is gone, you should be able to start again, but I have actually had to uninstall DoubleTwist and reinstall to fix it.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3. #3  
    How much music do you have? Are any of the file DRM?

    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    I have 677 songs in my iTunes account. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $DRM$.
  5. #5  
    DoubleTwist actually automatically bans DRM. This will not be the cause of your issue..... usually.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  6.    #6  
    It looks like it's getting there, but taking 75 minutes to do so is ridiculous. Should I have my phone in USB mode or charge mode? Would this make a difference?
  7.    #7  
    Stupid question, how can I tell if I have any music that's DRM? Prettty much everything I have was either purchased through Amazon, iTunes or downloaded off a CD.
  8. #8  
    It really is a matter of how old your iTunes music is. All the new stuff will be DRM free. Like I said, though, DoubleTwist will actually tell you if it cannot move the DRM stuff over and what tracks they are.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  9.    #9  
    Apparently I had 73 songs (something like that) that were DRM but everything else loaded finally. It just seems crazy that it took so long! Will it take this long every time?
  10. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #10  
    Yes. I don't know why everyone loves DT so much. It's actually less time consuming to downgrade your iTunes to the most recent version that worked with the Pre and go from there.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Yes. I don't know why everyone loves DT so much. It's actually less time consuming to downgrade your iTunes to the most recent version that worked with the Pre and go from there.
    So I assume you have some reliable site to downgrade from? Also, I find that even on my HTPC (which upscales DVD, etc) iTunes is a HUGE resource hog.... is also a resource hog on my newer desktop as well. ETC.

    I am currently up in the air as to what I will be using in the future, most likely double twist, or a clean older version of iTunes (but not really trusting a web source so I will probably only go with that if I can get a clean version from one of my apple geek friends). Only reason I even consider iTunes is because we have a couple iPods and compatible devices in the cars and house so I can't completely get rid of iTunes regardless.
  12. jhibbs's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #12  
    I hate to jump in here but I'm also having issues with Double Twist and my Palm Pre. Double Twist does not recognize it as a device. I'm not having any issues however using it with my wife's Palm Pixi. I'm using the same computer and copy of Double Twist. The only unusual difference I'm seeing between the two devices is when I select the option to safely remove hardware in XP Pro.

    The Pixi list the following:

    USB Mass Storage Device
    Palm Pixi USB Device
    Generic Volume F:
    Palm Novacom


    The Pre list the following:

    USB Mass Storage Device
    Palm Pre USB Device
    Generic Volume F:

    Is the fact that the Novacom is missing when the Pre is connected the issue? Is this something that should installed and running on the Pre?


    TIA

    Jeff
  13. #13  
    BTW, after doing some research I am converting over to WinAmp. Used it way back in the day for MP3 management, and have used it at work for streaming audio. After looking into the features I think WinAmp will fit everything I need, including the ability to sync with our iPods (that rarely get used at this point).

    Also I know for a fact, WinAmp isn't the resource hog that iTunes is.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    BTW, after doing some research I am converting over to WinAmp. Used it way back in the day for MP3 management, and have used it at work for streaming audio. After looking into the features I think WinAmp will fit everything I need, including the ability to sync with our iPods (that rarely get used at this point).

    Also I know for a fact, WinAmp isn't the resource hog that iTunes is.
    I love winamp... use it for a lot of different things... and it has such a small resource footprint in comparison to itunes and some of the other ones...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    I love winamp... use it for a lot of different things... and it has such a small resource footprint in comparison to itunes and some of the other ones...


    Yeah once I realized that I could do everything (and more) than I have been doing with iTunes for years.... and do it with less resources. My work PC is older and slow and has to do lots of other multi tasking (which some times bogs on it's own) haven't ever had a problem with winamp streaming (unless of course its network slow down which isn't specific to winamp). It's like finding an old friend for me, because back when winamp was new, it was one of the first things I installed on every PC and every fresh windows install.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post


    Yeah once I realized that I could do everything (and more) than I have been doing with iTunes for years.... and do it with less resources. My work PC is older and slow and has to do lots of other multi tasking (which some times bogs on it's own) haven't ever had a problem with winamp streaming (unless of course its network slow down which isn't specific to winamp). It's like finding an old friend for me, because back when winamp was new, it was one of the first things I installed on every PC and every fresh windows install.
    No doubt.... I use it on every windows machine I have to use for work... it lets me watch movies (although I still use media player classic more often, simply because the codecs seem to work better) listen to music, make playlists, manage my files... on and on... even into converting file types... like if I have a favorite song in .FLAC I can convert it to .mp3... or any one of a number of different formats, and then I can transfer the file to my phone and have a listen. For all my other audio needs I use audacity... and with my linux machines audacity is there too... nothing better for making your own ringtones, system sounds, notification sounds or just analyzing audio or transforming it in some way (note... I know absolutely nothing about audio production, im just some dude who likes to play)
  17. olorin's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #17  
    Anyone who wants to know if they should bother with DoubleTwist... don't! A recent glitch which prevented users (not sure if just some or all) from transferring iTunes playlists to your webOS device caused be heartburn for several months. Finally, I broke down and installed the free version of MediaMonkey! Fantastic! Replaces both DoubleTwist and iTunes (even with your iPods)! I can't believe I have gone so long without...
  18. #18  
    Winamp will work with iPods as well.

Posting Permissions