Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    i just sold a pre that i had sitting around and i get a call from the person i sold the phone to and they tell me that they have the sprint support tech on the phone asking for my palm profile information because they couldn't get that part of the phone activated.

I told the person i sold the phone to that i had wiped the phone and she also said the sprint person walked her through hard resetting it twice but they couldn't create a new profile and that they needed mine...

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I don't want to give my password to my palm profile because i have a feeling that all my contacts and apps will get downloaded to a phone that's not mine anymore...

ideas?
    Ask them what error they get when it tries to create a new profile. Tell him to contact Palm support
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by osc006 View Post
    i just sold a pre that i had sitting around and i get a call from the person i sold the phone to and they tell me that they have the sprint support tech on the phone asking for my palm profile information because they couldn't get that part of the phone activated.

I told the person i sold the phone to that i had wiped the phone and she also said the sprint person walked her through hard resetting it twice but they couldn't create a new profile and that they needed mine...

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I don't want to give my password to my palm profile because i have a feeling that all my contacts and apps will get downloaded to a phone that's not mine anymore...

ideas?
    Tell them to doctor the phone and add a new profile. There is no reason they couldn't create a profile and Sprint wouldn't violate your privacy.

Your customer is trying to get a bunch of apps for free. That's all it is.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have asked my customer to go to the local sprint store and hopefully they can wipe it properly...very strange... Does palm charge for support?

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Tell them to doctor the phone and add a new profile. There is no reason they couldn't create a profile and Sprint wouldn't violate your privacy.

Your customer is trying to get a bunch of apps for free. That's all it is.