1.    #1  
    I have used the trial version of Companionlink to sync my calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks. The calendar and contacts went to the correct apps on my Pre. However, to access the memos and tasks, I have to go through the Companionlink app on my phone. Is there any way to import them into the appropriate apps? Or is there another Palm Desktop syncing app that will automatically place the content without the added step?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daranaco View Post
    I have used the trial version of Companionlink to sync my calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks. The calendar and contacts went to the correct apps on my Pre. However, to access the memos and tasks, I have to go through the Companionlink app on my phone. Is there any way to import them into the appropriate apps? Or is there another Palm Desktop syncing app that will automatically place the content without the added step?
    CL USB Sync moves Contacts and Calendar into the Palm Pre apps, largely because the fields are right for the data that needs to be stored. For Tasks and Memos the CL USB Sync apps -are- the appropriate apps on the Pre.

Have you actually used the Palm Pre built-in apps for Tasks and Memos? They lack the correct values, order and structure to show Palm Desktop data correctly. Tasks has no Category. Memos have no Category or sort order, and Memos can't be viewed as a list. If we moved the data to the onboard apps everyone would complain that our product was inadequate because the apps don't show the Palm Desktop correctly.

It was quite a problem to solve. We took the initiative to create our own applications which work like old Palm OS and model Palm Desktop correctly. All the other 3rd Party vendors then followed our lead for this. It seems to be the best solution.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the insightful response! I truly appreciate it.