1.    #1  
    The Google calendar syncs just fine with my Pre, but I can't get the Tasks to sync to my Pre. I checked the settings tab at Google Calendar online and the box to check to make them sync up is grayed out. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!
    Can't. Google hasn't released an API for tasks.
    Wushu is right, no API for Google Tasks. As far as I know, there are no apps for any device that sync with Google Apps.

I'd recommend Done! and ToodleDo. There is a plugin for ToodleDo that lets you see the tasks when your checking your gmail.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I am fairly certain syncing with Google tasks is somewhat high on the list of things to do for the maker of To Do Classic. He is waiting for the API.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan98 View Post
    The Google calendar syncs just fine with my Pre, but I can't get the Tasks to sync to my Pre. I checked the settings tab at Google Calendar online and the box to check to make them sync up is grayed out. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!
    I have been using a copy of the (beta) RTFM and Remember The Milk servers until last night..

Downloaded a copy of Done! (for Toodledo) from the Palm App Catalog - created an account on Toodledo - set up "Folders" with the same name as my "Lists" on RTM - then started building tasks/ToDo items on Toodledo's server. (Toodledo has browser plugins that are a real help).

For setting up updates/display between Toodledo and your Google Calendar/etc. they have a "Google Gadgets" page that satisfied my needs.

Bottom line, I'll now be sticking with the "Done!" app until something better comes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    I am fairly certain syncing with Google tasks is somewhat high on the list of things to do for the maker of To Do Classic. He is waiting for the API.
    ToDo Classic was one of my first paid app purchases - I was pretty disenchanted when I discovered it had no sync. See previous post for were I chose to go from there.
  7.    #7  
    I checked out both Done! and ToodleDo and it looks like those will be a band-aid until Google figures out how to make the Tasks sync, if they ever do. I got the Toodledo to work with my Google calendar so I can see the tasks there. Where does Done! come into play - do you use that instead of Toodledo or in addition to?

Thx.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Perhaps I'm missing something but I've had no problem with my Google Tasks & "syncing". I pull it up via the internet (have it bookmarked as it's own "website") & it's always up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something but I've had no problem with my Google Tasks & "syncing". I pull it up via the internet (have it bookmarked as it's own "website") & it's always up to date.
    The OP wants to have an app on the phone that will show his tasks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    If the OP is using Outlook on the PC, then PocketMirror is a good option as they have a webOS Tasks & Notes apps that work really well. Wireless transfer too.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I understand this is what the OP wants, I too would love to have an app for Google Tasks but the OP's post title "No sync for Google Calendar Tasks" is really not accurate. You can sync your Google Calendar Tasks/To-Do but NOT via an app. Mine updates automatically, I just have to launch it via the web....
  13.    #13  
    UPDATE:
    @hparsons
    I'd recommend Done! and ToodleDo. There is a plugin for ToodleDo that lets you see the tasks when your checking your gmail.
    - Great recomendation - Thanks! That's what I'm using now, so until Google comes out with the API for Tasks this will work just fine.

@oldgeekster
    Bottom line, I'll now be sticking with the "Done!" app until something better comes along.
    - Me too!

@sherryterry1
    - I can pull up Google Calendar on my pre via the internet as well, just as you stated. Appointments and events transfer to the pre just fine, but the Tasks don't. Done! took care of that for the time being.

I understand this is what the OP wants, I too would love to have an app for Google Tasks but the OP's post title "No sync for Google Calendar Tasks" is really not accurate.
    - I don't know how much more I would need to say for my post title to clearly indicate what my issue was. I was having problems with Tasks in my Google Calendar not syncing with my Pre..."No sync for Google Calendar Tasks" Hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Mine updates automatically, I just have to launch it via the web....
    My Google Tasks is bookmarked individually (not w/ Gmail/Calendar) via the internet launch screen.

I failed to state this in my earlier post. This is the only way I have immediate & automatic updates of my tasks.....and yes, you are correct in your post title, you are having trouble syncing your Google tasks, so your title was appropriate. So I'm sorry.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I fail to see any advantage using google tasks over the task app that comes with webOS.?
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I fail to see any advantage using google tasks over the task app that comes with webOS.?
    There is no advantage to using either. Using Done!/Toodledo or RTM/(one of the apps for RTM) would be better.
    Redirect, I have no problem with syncing google cal to my pixi but when I want to go from the pixi to google, it doesn't take. Anyone know why?

EDIT: also, when you logout of a calendar is that the same as logging out of that service for the entire phone?
    Last edited by ootsk35; 06/29/2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Never mind. I did a hard reboot on the calendar and it works fine now. Also, if you log out of the calendar it is just the calendar that you are logging out of. Yeah, my bad.

FAIL