Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use Chapura to do a two-way wireless sync of Contacts on my Palm Pre and Microsoft Outlook (desktop application) on my Dell Laptop. It was working great but on the last syncronization it brought in all my contacts again and now when I look on my Pre, almost all Contacts are duplicated. There are 800 of them so it is too much to manually delete.

Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the dups on the Pre? Contacts are not duplicated in Outlook on my Dell Laptop.
    Delete every contact and then start over with a new sync? Seems alot easier.
  3.    #3  
    How do I delete every contact? Is there a quick way?

(I tried removing the Contact account named Outlook that the Chapara Pocket Mirror software had created. But then I had to reinstall Pocket Mirror on my Pre. And it loaded all my Contacts from Outlook. Then when I did my next sync from Pocket Mirror, it reloaded all my contacts and once again I ended up with duplicate contacts).
    Well, pretty much, if you have alot of contacts, then i would advise that you use Pre backup utility to back up all your stuff and then doctor your phone. Now that i know i can easily reinstall my text messages via Pre backup utility, i feel like doctoring my phone every weekend to keep the UI fresh! But if you dont have alot of contacts, you can install the patch that lets you drag to delete contacts and drag your misery away lol.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, pretty much, if you have alot of contacts, then i would advise that you use Pre backup utility to back up all your stuff and then doctor your phone. Now that i know i can easily reinstall my text messages via Pre backup utility, i feel like doctoring my phone every weekend to keep the UI fresh! But if you dont have alot of contacts, you can install the patch that lets you drag to delete contacts and drag your misery away lol.
    I'm new to using the Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Even with 800 contacts, I would not mind using the drag to delete technique. How do I get the patch?

Also, how do I get the Pre backup utility?

Please reply with step-by-step instructions. Like I said, I am new to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by melburstein View Post
    How do I delete every contact? Is there a quick way?

(I tried removing the Contact account named Outlook that the Chapara Pocket Mirror software had created. But then I had to reinstall Pocket Mirror on my Pre. And it loaded all my Contacts from Outlook. Then when I did my next sync from Pocket Mirror, it reloaded all my contacts and once again I ended up with duplicate contacts).
    Deleting the account should have taken care of this. You might check with Chapura to see if they know why this keeps happening and any way to stop it ... sounds like a bug in their software to me.
    <<Thread Moved and Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm new to using the Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Even with 800 contacts, I would not mind using the drag to delete technique. How do I get the patch?

Also, how do I get the Pre backup utility?

Please reply with step-by-step instructions. Like I said, I am new to the Pre.
    You can get the patch via Preware. In patches --> contact. You can also get Pre Backup utility via Preware too.
    Have you tried Linking contacts? I know you have 800, but you can keep both databases intact.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Have you tried Linking contacts? I know you have 800, but you can keep both databases intact.
    How do I do that?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    You can get the patch via Preware. In patches --> contact. You can also get Pre Backup utility via Preware too.
    How do I get to Preware?
    How do I do that?
    Go into your Contacts and tap on a contact that has multiples (and I choose the one I want to be the "main" one). Tap on the contact name at the top, and you'll see an option for linking more profiles. tap on that, and it'll take you back to your contacts list, tap on one of the multiples. What will happen after you do this is that you'll have one contact in the main list, but under that contact, they'll all be grouped together. It won't affect the source databases. Does this make sense? (I found this in the Help manual - yeah, I actually read some of that stuff! )

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Go into your Contacts and tap on a contact that has multiples (and I choose the one I want to be the "main" one). Tap on the contact name at the top, and you'll see an option for linking more profiles. tap on that, and it'll take you back to your contacts list, tap on one of the multiples. What will happen after you do this is that you'll have one contact in the main list, but under that contact, they'll all be grouped together. It won't affect the source databases. Does this make sense? (I found this in the Help manual - yeah, I actually read some of that stuff! )
    That may work except that I have 800 contacts and doing each one individually is time consuming.
    are the contacts duplicated on your pc? Does the Palm contact app on your phone show them as being from the same source?

in pocket mirror there is a setting similar to the old 'pc overwrites the phone' that will solve this fast if your pc data is still clean...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    are the contacts duplicated on your pc? Does the Palm contact app on your phone show them as being from the same source?

in pocket mirror there is a setting similar to the old 'pc overwrites the phone' that will solve this fast if your pc data is still clean...

If I go to Outlook on my PC, there are no dups. Please tell me how to navigate to the setting in Pocket Mirror to let the pc overwrite the phone. That could be the answer to my problem.
    How do I get to Preware?
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    If I go to Outlook on my PC, there are no dups. Please tell me how to navigate to the setting in Pocket Mirror to let the pc overwrite the phone. That could be the answer to my problem.
    There should be a setting in the PC side of the SyncManager... which apps to sync, overwrite, or do nothing.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    There should be a setting in the PC side of the SyncManager... which apps to sync, overwrite, or do nothing.
    That's what I thought too. But I'm not finding it. When I open Chapura Sync Manager on my PC, I get a "Chapura Syncronization Account Settings" window with only two tabs: "User Information" (it contains login info) and "Sync Service: (it identifies the PC being used). I can not find anyplace to indicate the sync or overwrite options. I will welcome posts from anyone who can tell me where to set these options (logically, they must be somewhere). Meantime, I am manually deleting dups from my Palm Pre and I have only gotten through the letter "D".

I contacted Chapura Technical Support and the answer I received was worthless because they clearly did not understand my question.
    Oh wow, now I'm lost too.

My trial just expired but I think PM is the "one"... after some of my other questions get answered first, of course.

I'm also interested to find out how to solve this problem. Anybody?

EDIT: I just reinstalled PM and apparently, you can only Sync or disable the conduit. There does not seem to be any other option.
    Last edited by Furuboru; 06/27/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    This is really a shot in the dark -- but, have you tried the 'refresh' setting from the PC-installed part of SyncManager?

I have seen similar issues happen (touch-wood, not with my Pre + Chapura) before. In those other (repeat: NOT your issue) situations, I had to rebuild my .PST (Outlook) database or Exchange profile for various reasons & the issue went away -- almost like the 'sync' records (if such a thing exists) in Outlook were messed-up.

Good luck -- sorry to hear that Chapura support wasn't of much use. For what it's worth, they just released v.3.0 of the software, although, I don't think it has much in the way of bugfixes (they told me the following URL is what prompted the 2.x to 3.x update).

Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast