1.    #1  
    I'm new to the pre...

I've successfully synced my gmail contacts. However, I tried creating a contact group in gmail (i.e. a distribution list), but that doesn't seem to sync up with the Palm.

Does Web OS not do contact groups created in gmail, or did I miss a step somewhere?

Also one other question:

In my gmail contacts, some of the entries are listed as "first name last name" other are "last name, first name" Not sure how this happened (I uploaded my contacts from Outlook). Gmail seems to know how to distinguish a person's first and last names and will list them alphabetically, regardless of the format they are in. However, web os doesn't. So for a "last name, first name" entry the palm assumes the last name is actually the persons first name. Is there a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    I'm new to the pre...

I've successfully synced my gmail contacts. However, I tried creating a contact group in gmail (i.e. a distribution list), but that doesn't seem to sync up with the Palm.

Does Web OS not do contact groups created in gmail, or did I miss a step somewhere?

Also one other question:

In my gmail contacts, some of the entries are listed as "first name last name" other are "last name, first name" Not sure how this happened (I uploaded my contacts from Outlook). Gmail seems to know how to distinguish a person's first and last names and will list them alphabetically, regardless of the format they are in. However, web os doesn't. So for a "last name, first name" entry the palm assumes the last name is actually the persons first name. Is there a fix for this?
    Contact groups aren't natively supported in webOS. There are a number of apps (mostly pay) that are available.

To my knowledge there's no fix. How many contacts are off? You could always change them yourself.
  3.    #3  
    Not that many are off, certainly I can fix them manually. I'm still trying to figure out how some ended up that way, since my contact are an amalgamation of my Outlook exported contacts, some that had been entered into gmail, some that gmail seems to have added based on email messages.