1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    All right all you Uber-techies, I need some help. I've been through two chat session with Palm Tech Support with no resolution. (Palm Pre Plus - Verizon)

When I originally set up my Pre, I must have been too excited because I apparently typed my first name as "Gabrel" instead of "Gabriel". I noticed that it was wrong about a week later and corrected it. I added my work EAS account about two weeks after the name correction. Some coworkers have recently commented that when they reply to my emails, it sends to "Gabrel". I have confirmed that mail sent from my Pre using the exchange account does have this issue. Sending from Pre Gmail does not, sending from Outlook through EAS does not, and sending from OWA through EAS does not. Here is text copied from the email "original":

To: "Gabriel Tinti" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
    Reply-To: "Gabrel Tinti" <XXXXXX@abc.def.com>
    Subject: New eas
    Accept-Language: en-US
    X-Mailer: Palm webOS v1.0.1
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="Alternative__boundary__1276285572043";
    charset="utf-8"
    Return-Path: XXXXXX@abc.def.com
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 11 Jun 2010 19:46:12.0232 (UTC) FILETIME=[BEE48080:01CB099E]

Palm Tech Support told me the problem was in the EAS server, but I don't see how that can be true, as the name "Gabrel" was created in error on my Palm Profile. I don't see how it could have migrated to the exchange server, though it only occurs when I send email from my Pre using the EAS account.

HELP!
    Have you tried removing and re-adding your EAS account?
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Yeah. Three times. Forgot to mention that.