1.    #1  
    A buddy of mine says his gmail account is set to PUSH to his pre so he doesn't need to have the pre check for mail every 5 minutes. Does anyone know of a way to do this with a hotmail account?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I have my gmail setup to pull my hotmail emails.
    I'm 99% certain Hotmail does not support push. Your best bet is setting up your hotmail account to forward emails to a Gmail account, which can then push to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    I have my gmail setup to pull my hotmail emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'm 99% certain Hotmail does not support push. Your best bet is setting up your hotmail account to forward emails to a Gmail account, which can then push to your device.
    That's the way I do it, too.
    What does PUSH mean? I been hearing about it all day today but I have no idea!
    I believe Hotmail now supports Exchange Active Sync, so setting the account up as EAS should provide PUSH support.

ivpalm- PUSH is instant email notification, basically it's a special type of email protocols that allow your phone to know the instant an email arrives in your email account. This is the opposite of email fetching, which is where your phone goes and checks your account every so often.
    Does anyone have EAS and Hotmail working ?? I can;t seem to get it to work. It maybe because I already have a EAS to my corp account but it keeps telling me it can;t validate the incomming server.

Getting tired of hotmail not syncing read/deleted mails