1.    #1  
    Let's say I want to give my Pre to my girlfriend cuz I'm getting another phone.

I have bought over $150 worth of apps and I believe I should be to transfer those apps along with phone just I like I would if i gave away a computer with Office 2003 and Doom3 on it if I was switching to Linux on a new PC (meaning those "programs" are useless to me if I'm moving to a new platform)

But the apps are tied to my Palm log in.

So, how does that work?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    The only way it would work is if you let her keep your Palm Profile.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The only way it would work is if you let her keep your Palm Profile.
    Is there a way to modify my profile with her info? Obviously, she caint have my Gmail address.
    looks like if you log into your palm profile, you can change your email, name, and password without issue...just put in her info and pass it on...but I am new to all this, so I could be wrong....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    looks like if you log into your palm profile, you can change your email, name, and password without issue...just put in her info and pass it on...but I am new to all this, so I could be wrong....
    Cool, thanx, I'll look in to it.
    Here is probably the important line from the terms and conditions found here:

"THE APPLICATIONS PROVIDED THROUGH THE APP CATALOG ARE LICENSED BY THE PROVIDER OF THE APPLICATION (APPLICATION PROVIDER) TO YOU, THE ORIGINAL END USER, SOLELY FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE AS SET FORTH BELOW AND SUBJECT TO THE APPLICABLE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT."

So it does look like they are licensed to you, not the phone. Therefore this may be a different beast then selling a computer.

I assume it is different, because if you get a new Palm device, you can log in with your Profile and you will get your apps that you paid for there.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    too late, someone else answered when i walked away
    Last edited by Dissizit; 06/07/2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: i'm sluggish
    +1 yep, you can change the email address in your Profile. Not sure if there are any other connections between the name on the carrier account to the apps or not. The only way to know is to try it.

More important, has anyone looked at the EULA for apps purchased from the Palm App Catalog? As long as their is no verbiage prohibiting transfer, it would be just like selling your copy of MS-Office2007 with your PC if you decided to switch to a Mac...

EULA terms are generally based on copy-write ownership with a perpetual license to use. So transferring ownership of that license is exactly like selling a used book. As long as only one person owns/uses it at a time, that is fine. It's rare that software sold on a per-user license basis makes any attempt to restrict transfer of the license - especially in the case of what is sold to individual consumers...