Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Is there a maximum number of entries that the Palm Pre's calendar can hold? I ask because when trying to set up an EAS account for a friend the EAS works fine until I use the Palm Data Transfer Assistant to import his 9500+ calendar events. Once they are all transferred, the sync no longer works.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Jmark, that doesn't make sense.

EAS imports to the EAS Account.

Palm DTA goes to Palm Profile account. Separate but equal here. This is not your grandfather's palm where all accounts go into one bucket.

I'd suggest instead that on average, even busy people generally have no more than 1500 calendar events per year (5 per day). So 9500+ events represents at least 4 years of past data. Palm Pre doesn't appear to handle past data well. In particular, recurring events that span the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (a Bush era law which dictates a change for Daylight time in 2007). If the recurring starts in 2006, has an instance in March 2006 which is Standard time, and also March 2008 which is daylight time, this appears to be a problem.

Outlook and Palm Desktop allow you to archive old Calendars. Cut it back to 2008 and higher, rerun DTA, and you'll probably have no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Clcto:

Something you wrote makes me wonder. When I did the DTA it gave me the option to sync it with his EAS account or Palm Profile. I chose his EAS account so that all of his appointments would sync to his EAS/Zimbra account.

Because DTA gave me the choice, shouldn't both -- EAS and Palm Profile -- work for those 9500 appointments?

But with my current situation if I sync/send the 9500 appointments through DTA to Palm Profile, they will always be backed up with Palm Profile and that should not cause whatever conflict that is being caused with the EAS/Zimbra account.

Any thoughts? And again, thanks for the response as it has me thinking of some things I hadn't thought of before.