Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm almost positive this has been previously addressed, but I currently have a Pixi, and I'm looking to switch to a Pre. Due to money-back-return windows and the date of my Sprint upgrade rebate, there may be a week or so where I am using a third phone in between my Pixi and Pre. Will my Palm profile vanish during this time? My paid apps?

Thanks for any advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    I'm almost positive this has been previously addressed, but I currently have a Pixi, and I'm looking to switch to a Pre. Due to money-back-return windows and the date of my Sprint upgrade rebate, there may be a week or so where I am using a third phone in between my Pixi and Pre. Will my Palm profile vanish during this time? My paid apps?

Thanks for any advice!
    I had to get a refurb Pre frm Best Buy once. They gave me a loaner phone while I waited. About a month later, I finally got my new Pre. My profile was still there.

You should be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post

Thanks for any advice!
    I was not sure, so I just did a quick chat with Palm:

2:51 PM Connecting...
    2:51 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    2:51 PM Support session established with Snyder.

2:51 PM noco37: Hello Snyder
    2:52 PM noco37: Quick question about the Palm Profile.
    2:52 PM Snyder: Hello noco37.
    2:52 PM Snyder: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Snyder.
    2:52 PM Snyder: Go ahead.
    2:52 PM noco37: If my phone dies, get's lost, or what not, how long do I have to get a new phone to keep my Palm Profile active?
    2:53 PM noco37: If I do not use it for 30, 60, 90 days, will my profile expire?
    2:53 PM noco37: Or does it never expire?
    2:54 PM Snyder: It never expires.
    2:55 PM noco37: Is this posted anywhere on the site so to help calm my nerves?
    2:55 PM Snyder: Yes, it will be saved on Palm server.
    2:55 PM Snyder: No, there is no documentation on this.
    2:56 PM Snyder: Nothing to worry, the data will be safe in your palm profile and will never expire.
    2:56 PM noco37: OK. Thanks for the help
    2:57 PM Snyder: Yes. My pleasure.
    So it looks like the Palm Profile will never expire.

Then I decided to give the ol' college try to see if I coud get more info

2:57 PM Snyder: Is there anything else that I can answer you with?
    2:57 PM noco37: Not unless you can tell me when the Pre Plus will come to Sprint. Or if there is something else I should hold out for.
    2:58 PM Snyder: I am sorry, we don't have any info on this yet. Once it is available you will be notified through an sms.
    2:58 PM Snyder: Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number ########. Keep this number as a record of this chat.
    2:58 PM Snyder: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey that you will receive via email.
    2:58 PM Snyder: Have a great rest of the day!
    2:58 PM noco37: Thanks. Have a good day.
    Worth a try....
    Last edited by noco37; 06/05/2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help you two, but unfortunately (fortunately for me) I wasn't able to use it. Turns out there was a brief window if I used my upgrade rebate right away, and I pulled everything off on that day.