1.    #1  
    My Exchange e-mail account is acting strange today, after working flawlessly since the day I got my Pre.

It seems to keep "updating" (I'm getting the swirl around the unread count in the inbox over and over) and also seems to be taking a while on frequent occasions today to get new messages, unless I intervene. It's also eating up my battery and making the Pre very warm. Seems like it may be stuck in some kind of a loop with the EAS server, but I can't really tell what's happening.

For what it is worth, IT says nothing has changed on the server side, and I have not changed anything on the Pre itself, especially relative to the e-mail.

Any ideas out there? Very frustrating...

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    ......Seems like it may be stuck in some kind of a loop with the EAS server, but I can't really tell what's happening.
    That sounds close to an issue I had once. I was syncing email while walking into a known dead zone in my area and ended up with similar symptoms. A reboot resolved the issue for me. I'd try that first.
  3.    #3  
    Have tried that a couple times, Noco. No dice, unfortunately. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    By the way, the problem seems to be happening both over WiFi connection in my office and while on the Sprint network. It seemed to have corrected itself at one point earlier, but started again after I returned to my office. I disassociated the Pre with the WiFi network in my office, thinking maybe that was the culprit (although that has always worked fine, too, and nothing has changed their either (but it still didn't work).
    For this can we assume that you have good signal?
    Are you on wifi or just telco signal?
    Have you made any changes to your phone recently (new apps, patches, etc...)?
    My Exchange e-mail account is acting strange today, after working flawlessly since the day I got my Pre.

It seems to keep "updating" (I'm getting the swirl around the unread count in the inbox over and over) and also seems to be taking a while on frequent occasions today to get new messages, unless I intervene. It's also eating up my battery and making the Pre very warm. Seems like it may be stuck in some kind of a loop with the EAS server, but I can't really tell what's happening.

For what it is worth, IT says nothing has changed on the server side, and I have not changed anything on the Pre itself, especially relative to the e-mail.

Any ideas out there? Very frustrating...

Thanks.
    Do you have any email patches installed?
    Never mind the signal questions, I just saw your other post.
  8.    #8  
    The only email patch I have installed is the one that changes the vibrate time to one second, and I have had that installed since I got my Pre. So, I'm doubtful that is it. The issue seems to come and go. Any other ideas? Thanks.
    The only email patch I have installed is the one that changes the vibrate time to one second, and I have had that installed since I got my Pre. So, I'm doubtful that is it. The issue seems to come and go. Any other ideas? Thanks.
    Given everything else that has been covered so far, I would try removing the email vibrate patch. With how easy it is to install and remove patches, this should be a painless test.
  10.    #10  
    Ok. Tried that, followed by a Luna reset. No change. Sent myself an email from my other account to exchange. It arrived quickly but I still see that it seems to keep connecting (the spinning arrows around the unread count).

Other suggestions? Delete and re-add the account?
    Ok. Tried that, followed by a Luna reset. No change. Sent myself an email from my other account to exchange. It arrived quickly but I still see that it seems to keep connecting (the spinning arrows around the unread count).

Other suggestions? Delete and re-add the account?
    Yep, that's the last thing I can think of before calling Palm support. That is something that I guess that they would ask you to do anyway.
    I'm running 2 exchange accounts and every so often one of them acts screwy. I delete the account and add it again and I'm up and running. Seems that sometimes something happens with the EAS settings and causes a hiccup (some EAS systems more than others). Have you tried deleting the account and then simply re-adding it again? If you know the settings (or write them down before deleting) it may help.
  13.    #13  
    That's what I did--delete and readd. It takes forever it seems, but hopefully this will have solved the problem. Fingers crossed. Thanks for all the helpful responses.
    Mike,

Please do follow up on this thread and post if the fix worked. I'm sure it will save someone else hassle in the future.