1.    #1  
    I've tried doing a search for this. I couldn't find a thread that matched my question.

I've got lots of contacts from Facebook on my Sprint Pre. I'm trying to get them to be added to my Gmail contacts. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
    Yes. Export your Pre's contacts to a .csv (?) file. There is a patch in Preware for this.

see. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Patch_Contacts_Send_All_via_Email

Again, this patch is in Preware.

Then log into Google, and import your csv file. I actually deleted all my google contacts previously to limit some dupes in the google contacts since google syncs to the Pre and they are listed there already. If your unsure, or uneasy about deleting the google contacts from google before you import, simply move them to another group as a temp backup...

Be aware that you will have duplicates on the Pre, they will automatically 'link' the profiles and show as one contact, but there will be several profiles. Cleaning up takes time but I don't even bother cause again, it'll only show up as one contact. This is because you'll have the profiles in google and facebook which syncs to the Pre. (assuming you have google & facebook syncing).

Hope this helps.

.JohnnyPre
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 05/29/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I actually deleted all my google contacts previously to limit some dupes in the google contacts since google syncs to the Pre and they are listed there already. If your unsure, or uneasy about deleting the google contacts from google before you import, simply move them to another group as a temp backup...
    no need to actually delete the gmail contacts. gmail has a feature to find dup contacts and combine them. that will be MUCH better!! ...you may have a lot in gmail that you don't have in FB and you won't want to lose all that!
    Last edited by licotto; 05/29/2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add title
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help. That did the trick!