1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you can sync just part of an exchange account? For example, I don't want my exchange email, just the contacts.
    if you do it with Pocket Mirror or CompanionLink it is possible. Not sure if you are doing it through gmail, because I am infamous in my refusal to route all my important exchange info through google...
    I believe... when you set up your Exchange account on your device, it automatically creates a contacts account too. After setting up the accounts, can you go back and simply delete the Exchange email account from the device and leave the contacts account?
    Or, can you just set up an new contacts account using your Exchange settings without setting up the email?

I use an EAS account myself, but haven't just set up one without the other.
    I had mine setup to do a manual sync of Exchange email. Then, so long as I never check it, I never get any...
    I was wondering this technology how safe it is and if it is really worth it to have all your contacts out there?

I kind of like the sync with outlook and having the contacts locally controlled.

I have turned off the BACK UP feature so it wont sync my contacts with the world.

I wonder if any of you have any comments on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I believe... when you set up your Exchange account on your device, it automatically creates a contacts account too. After setting up the accounts, can you go back and simply delete the Exchange email account from the device and leave the contacts account?
    Or, can you just set up an new contacts account using your Exchange settings without setting up the email?

I use an EAS account myself, but haven't just set up one without the other.
    I don't believe this will work. I have been trying to set up an Exchange account and it loads contacts, e-mails and calendar at once. If you try to delete any one of them, it deletes the ENTIRE Exchange account.

I am in a similar boat as I'm looking to just sync the Exchange calendar without e-mails or contacts. I just want the calendar so I can figure out where I need to be at work but I don't want the e-mails because my work e-mails take up a lot of room due to attachments and this will easily eat up my on-board storage (Sprint Pre), also the contacts clutter my phone and I don't use my phone for "work" so I really don't care for them.

I believe you can select what you want to sync on an iPhone / iPod Touch, I wish we could do the same with webOS.