1.    #1  
    I am migrating from a Palm Treo 680 to a Palm Pre. I moved all my contacts from my Palm Desktop to my Palm Pre without any problem but obviously they did not have any emails associated with them.

When I press the 'email' button on the Pre it only brings up the info for the contact from my Palm Desktop (phone number and not email). Is there any way (or what is the easiest way) to get my gmail addresses to show up when I press the ''email' button?

Or do I have to add each one manually? Or is there an app that can help me do this? Thanks in advance for any help...
    You can do a .csv import into gmail that would be the easiset solution. You have to make sure you set up a google account online if you don't already have one.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply! I already have a google account as gmail is my email provider. Do I have to set something else up or is having a gmail account enough? And I have done the .csv import thing when I tried out Android but ended up going back to my Treo.

But how would doing a .csv import into my gmail help my problem? Are you saying that I should do a .csv import of my palm contacts into my gmail and then use that as my profile instead of 'palm profile'?

Sorry for all the noob questions but want to get it right the first time around....
    If I'm reading you right, you have all of your contacts stored as part of your Palm Profile. If you add your Google Account to your contacts, it will sync all of your Gmail contacts to your phone. If both accounts have the same contact, it will merge the one from your Palm and Google accounts together. Shouldn't have to do a .csv import unless you want to get your contacts from your Treo onto your Gmail account. I didn't migrate from anywhere, so ALL of my contacts are in Gmail (I added them manually from my old dumbphone, but I didn't have too many, so that might not be viable). Hope I made sense.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by snvyas View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! I already have a google account as gmail is my email provider. Do I have to set something else up or is having a gmail account enough? And I have done the .csv import thing when I tried out Android but ended up going back to my Treo.

But how would doing a .csv import into my gmail help my problem? Are you saying that I should do a .csv import of my palm contacts into my gmail and then use that as my profile instead of 'palm profile'?

Sorry for all the noob questions but want to get it right the first time around....
    Yes that is my suggestion. There have been several threads about the palm profile being unreliable for the contacts and if something happened there were issues getting the contacts. My suggestion was to make google your primary/default contact manager. You would also need to go to the prefernce screen in the contact and email apps to select google as the default.