1.    #1  
    Gmail has email forwarding. Gmail has filters, where you can select which emails get forwarded.

I want to forward all the emails I send out to a different email address. I set up the filter, but the forward doesn't happen. To be sure it was identifying the emails I want forwarded, I added an extra option (star the email) to some of my tests, and that option happens, but not the forwarding.

I have tried different emails to forward it to, I have waited hours, nothing.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas?
    How do you have Gmail set up? IMAP/POP3/other? Any chance your forwarded messages are getting flagged as SPAM? Does it work if you send the e-mail from the Gmail web client (rather than the phone)? You might try removing the Gmail account, rebooting and then adding the account again. That has solved a few random wacky issues for me.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    How do you have Gmail set up? IMAP/POP3/other? Any chance your forwarded messages are getting flagged as SPAM? Does it work if you send the e-mail from the Gmail web client (rather than the phone)? You might try removing the Gmail account, rebooting and then adding the account again. That has solved a few random wacky issues for me.
    Thanks for the reply. All attempts have been from my desktop mail client (don't have Pre yet...testing functionality). I have tried this on my personal gmail account (POP3), my Google Apps Standard Edition account (IMAP). I have tried forwarding to another gmail account, I have tried forwarding to a yahoo account. Nothing works.

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I am wanting to forward a message that I am SENDING? I have had success forwarding messages that I RECEIVE, so maybe the problem is it can't forward sent messages. However, it is able to do the other filter options.
    what sort of email address are you sending it to (company, hotmail, etc)?

First place I'd check is my spam filter and white list your gmail account.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what sort of email address are you sending it to (company, hotmail, etc)?

First place I'd check is my spam filter and white list your gmail account.
    I have tried forwarding it to my personal gmail account, my business email account, my wife's yahoo account. I don't see it showing up in the spam filters.

What I want to do is create a BCC for all outgoing email. If there is a better way, I'm fine with that.
    email companion adds the bcc funtion to all emails.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    email companion adds the bcc funtion to all emails.
    Thanks. I was hoping I could find a solution at the Google level, so that emails sent from anywhere (mobile, desktop client, webmail online, etc.) would have the bcc.