Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hello, what is the easiest way to sync/backup my contacts on my pre to my gmail account? i don't really use gmail that much, actually never, but though iwould be able to back-up my contacts there. can't find whare i need to go to iport them or where to import them from. (couldn't find the file on the phone.) thanks for any help.
    Contacts - > Preferences & Accounts - > Add An Account
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Do you have Google configured as an account in the Contacts app? If not you'll need to add it in preferences/settings.

Same place, change your default account to your Google Account to have it to sync with Google.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Go to Preware search "send all contacts by email". then you can load this file into your Google contacts.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    yup i've done that, but when i go to my gmail account on my pc there are not contacts there..do i have to do something to import them?
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    yup i've done that, but when i go to my gmail account on my pc there are not contacts there..do i have to do something to import them?
    Are you getting the emails from that account to show up on your Pre? If it it set up correctly, you should not have to do anything.
    import the file into Google through you PC. If you have them on your phone already they will just appear as two linked profiles, one palm/facebook/etc, and a second linked profile with Google.

To import contacts to Gmail:

1. Create a custom CSV file, or export the address book from your other webmail provider or email client as a CSV file.
    2. Sign in to Gmail.
    3. Click Contacts (located below your list of views) on any Gmail page.
    4. Click Import in the top portion of the Contact Manager.
    5. Click the Browse... or Choose File button and locate the CSV file you'd like to upload.
    6. Select the file and click the Import button.

Once you've successfully uploaded the document, Gmail will display the number of contacts imported.

A few things to keep in mind:

* If some entries aren't included in your Contacts list, Gmail tells you why these entries were left out.
    * If you receive error messages when attempting to import your contacts, you may need to edit your CSV file.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    just sent test email to my gmail account came up on my pre no problem. but when i go my gmail account on my pc, no contacts. don't know how to how to create a custom csv file and do not have preware..
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    just sent test email to my gmail account came up on my pre no problem. but when i go my gmail account on my pc, no contacts. don't know how to how to create a custom csv file and do not have preware..
    On your phone, click "contacts"
    Click top left drop down menu "contacts"
    Preferences and accounts - look for your gmail account in the 'accounts ' bx.

If it is NOT there, click Add An Account (bottom of screen) and follow directions

If it IS there, click Sync Now
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    yeah sorry guys i did that and even set google to default account. nothing