Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I keep getting a notification that says "Your Account is Locked"

This is for my work Gmail account. This just started recently. Any ideas what might be causing it and how to avoid continually getting this message?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks. That's the screen that the notification always takes me to when I click on it. What is captcha anyway and why does it keep coming up to unlock it?
    It's a security measure to make sure a real person is trying to access the account and not a computer bot sniffing around for passwords.

It can come up for a variety of reasons... do you have another program that also checks your account on a regular basis in addition to your Pre?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Omg! This is so weird. This just happened to me yesterday too!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    its Google's way of preventing account jacking. There are ways to prevent it and most important one is to make sure you have a strong password. if password is weak, captcha lockout happens more frequently than when u have strong password. also if you are using any imap clients make sure you don't set it to check email too frequently. Google recommends 10 minutes.

here is a link to google help page about passwords:Password Help
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I think it may have happened for me the first time yesterday because I've been checking my email frequently at my school this week.