1.    #1  
    I have deleted my facebook account.
    It keeps asking me to sign in, I understand that if I delete the facebook reference in webos the contacts will go, any way of exporting them or moving them to another contact account?

Cheers
    In a similar situation, but Id want that ability for my FB account and Gmail accounts.

A send all contacts from gmail, FB, palm profile to palm option.
    No. Once you remove Facebook from your phone, all references of it will also be removed. Currently, you can't make any Facebook contact changes thru your device. They have to be done through Facebook. Short of manually copying them onto your phone (read entering contact data into a new contact profile) they can't be exported from Facebook.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    No. Once you remove Facebook from your phone, all references of it will also be removed. Currently, you can't make any Facebook contact changes thru your device. They have to be done through Facebook. Short of manually copying them onto your phone (read entering contact data into a new contact profile) they can't be exported from Facebook.
    In WebOS 1.4.2 I was able to add my facebook account for the application, so it was able to function in the contacts, uploads, and facebook app. But then I was able to remove the account from contacts and the facebook app and uploads for videos, photos still functioned. It was on the AT&T Palm Pre plus.

Does that help at all?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Here is the closest solution I was able to find

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2419651

Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    1, Download Preware
    2. Install Patch (send all contacts via Email)
    3. Install Patch (swipe to delete)
    4. open contacts, click on drop down menu and press save all via email and send to yourself
    5. Open contacts, Preferences and accounts
    6. delete all facebook, google, yahoo accounts off the phone untill you are left with just either palm desktop or palm profile.
    7. now go into contacts app again, and start swiping and deleting every contact.
    8, Now backup your phone to palm profile and it should now delete the contacts on there but keep all the paid apps info
    9. now that you are done that, on your computer go into google and import that file you emailed to yourself.
    10. Now you can sync your phone with google and set google as your default account.
    11. Done, ( I hope).
    keep in mind that if you delete your account from the facebook app, you also need to delete it from other apps. Specifically Contacts, Photos, and Calendar.

Believe it or not, Synergy is smart enough to add that account to all 4 locations (FB/Contacts/Photos/Calendar), but not smart enough to remove them automatically if you delete your facebook account.

I learned this the hard way when I let my daughter use my phone for FB, and I got almost 600 new contacts automatically added to my phone. Deleting her account got rid of the contacts, but it kept popping back up after backup attempts, etc. It took an escalation technician at Palm quite a while to figure that out, and it was then submitted as a bug. Who knows, it may be that way on purpose for some reason I can't think of, but hopefully they will fix it and/or give us more granular control over Synergy to resolve this. It's not unreasonable that I should let someone use my phone just as I would let them use my PC, and I don't want it to assume things and start adding stuff from their accounts. Talk about a privacy/security issue... geesh.

I hope this helps as you add/subtract accounts for social media and cloud services.
    Oh but I would suggest import the data into google before deleting.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    In WebOS 1.4.2 I was able to add my facebook account for the application, so it was able to function in the contacts, uploads, and facebook app. But then I was able to remove the account from contacts and the facebook app and uploads for videos, photos still functioned. It was on the AT&T Palm Pre plus.

Does that help at all?
    I believe the OP wants to keep the Facebook contacts w/o having a Facebook account.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I wrote that list up pretty quick, you can switch it around But I think most people get the idea I was getting at

it took me about 10 minutes to do that and I'm all google now
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    but not smart enough to remove them automatically if you delete your facebook account.
    Thats actually good -- if you want Facebook integration for things like photo sharing and events -- but do not want all of your FB contacts pulled in. The way it is now, it allows you to selectively get rid of the features you don't want. If it deleted from all 4 places, you wouldn't have that ability.