Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    OK. I have had my Pre for a while now (Since June 09). I was hoping it would replace my iPod Touch, since it had virtually the same capabilities. But there is NOTHING that allows me to sync my media to the Pre in a simple fashion.

I bought it specifically for the iTunes sync, which got killed and Palm stopped trying.

If anyone has found a way to sync all of the iTunes catagories, and keep them properly organized, let me know.
    I sync the following on my Touch. Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Audio books and Amazon Kindle.

Has anyone found a solution (or solutions) that handles all of those?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ok. Am I the only one who wants this phone to function as a full multimedia device?

I mean, come on! it's been over 11 hours and no one has anything to suggest or offer?

Well, I have found a semi-reasonable solution for SOME mutlimedia. Salling Media Sync will connect to the Pre and allows you to sync playlists you build in iTunes. This includes any music, movies and TV Shows. It also allows Podcast and Photo syncing.

This doesn't do audiobooks (or at least not Audible) but I've posted a request and also contacted Audible at the same time.

Doubletwist is a decent copy of iTunes 7.0 or so, but isn't up to handling episode-based video (TV Shows) or Audiobooks. I posted a suggestion for their developers with detailed explaination of what, why, how, to gain parity with iTunes 9. We'll see if they can get it up to snuff.

Has anyone found anything else?
    I sync with the version of Itunes that was before they blocked it. Just dont update it thats all.
    I do the same as bigwood212.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The problem with that is I have an iTouch, which requires the update for added functionality and the OS update for the ipod. That's why I'm lookking for a different solution. But one that works with/ or in conjuction to, iTunes.
    I thought about that, but in you original post, you stated that you wanted to "replace" your iPod Touch. This would imply that you would no longer use the iPod Touch.

Sorry I cannot be much more help since I use an older version of iTunes.
    MediaMonkey is your friend.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I do want to replace my Touch. But until I have a 100% replacement it is still my everpresent companion. I do audio, movies, tv shows, podcasts, audiobooks, games, kindle books. Those aren't bonuses to me. Those are all standard uses on a daily or weekly basis. Until ALL of those are replaced, the Touch stays.

I like the touch. My problem is carrying two devices, phone and ipod. As soon as I get a single device, my kids get a new toy.

so far Salling Media Sync is the closest. I've tried doubletwist and Mediamonkey. Both are lacking in one area or another.