1.    #1  
    I have my gmail sync set to get emails as items arrive and to show emails for only 3 days. The problem is that it doesn't get rid of them after the 3 days like it does with my exchange account. Is anyone else having this problem.

I have gmail set up with imap and do have some patches installed. The patches that affect email are "confirm delete", "delete from notification", "enable landscape email", and "replies forward multi mod".

Like I said, I have both gmail account (imap) and and exhange account (exchange server 2003) set up on my phone. The gmail account is the only one not working. Is anyone else experiencing their emails not removing after the show email time is exceeded? Thanks in advance to narrowing this problem down.
    Has this always been a problem or just since you patched? Have you tired deleting the Google account, rebooting and then adding it again? I'd skip setting it up manually via IMAP and just select Google from the list. I know, I know, that should make any difference....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    there is a setting that defines whether you want the server copy deleted when it is delivered to the phone. Also, if you set it up as IMAP, you can have deletions synced bi-directionally.

I leave a copy on the server so I can colllect everything on a PC that I consider to be my official email repository. So I just get a copy on my pre, and I use the patch that has it delete when I swipe it from the notification area if I don't open the message...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Has this always been a problem or just since you patched? Have you tired deleting the Google account, rebooting and then adding it again? I'd skip setting it up manually via IMAP and just select Google from the list. I know, I know, that should make any difference....
    I removed and re-added it this morning. I did not manually set it up this time to see if that helps. I think this has always been a problem I just have been to busy to notice or really care. It just started to get to me though. I will report back tomorrow and see if it is fixed.
  5.    #5  
    It didn't work. My gmail is still showing emails from 5/9/10. I wonder what it could be ...

I might try narrowing down some patches and see if that is the problem.
    It has always not worked for me, Hotmail(pop), Gmail (Imap), and Yahoo(Imap)...

You can every few days set it to keep for say 7 days, and then back out of the settings and then go back in and set it back to 3 and it will delete the old emails... But in a few days they pile in again.... I have been waiting for a fix since 1.2.8 or whatever when I got this phone.

I STILL LOVE IT MORE THAN ANY PHONE I HAVE OWNED
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by n3cr0cr0w View Post
    It has always not worked for me, Hotmail(pop), Gmail (Imap), and Yahoo(Imap)...

You can every few days set it to keep for say 7 days, and then back out of the settings and then go back in and set it back to 3 and it will delete the old emails... But in a few days they pile in again.... I have been waiting for a fix since 1.2.8 or whatever when I got this phone.

I STILL LOVE IT MORE THAN ANY PHONE I HAVE OWNED
    Interesting. At least I know I am not alone and there is somewhat of a workaround.

I would agree though. Best phone that I have owned.