1.    #1  
    Since I have had my Pre, I have used the Palm Profile as my default account in contacts. The only other source of contacts was an account called 'outlook' that was created by Pocket Mirror. I used that to pull outlook contacts to the phone when I first got it.

I just added an Exchange account to the phone. I set it as the default account in contacts and in email. I had been using gmail, but just for mail, not contacts.

My understanding is that contacts should be pulled into the default account, in my case an Exchange account, but nothing has showed up in my exchange contacts from my phone. I can send and receive email on the Exchange account with the Pre, so I assume all links from my phone to the Exchange host are good.

Is my understanding of synergy wrong or is there a setup item I may have missed?

Thanks in advance.
    Only new contacts are created in the 'default account'. Existing contacts remain in their original accounts, and are simply shown as a single list in the contacts application. That is synergy.

edit: if you want to import contacts into your default account, you need to e-mail yourself a vCard containing all of the contacts, and then you will be given the choice of importing it. Those contacts will be added to your default profile.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Only new contacts are created in the 'default account'. Existing contacts remain in their original accounts, and are simply shown as a single list in the contacts application. That is synergy.
    Wonderful, thanks for the info.
  4.    #4  
    I installed the send contacts via email patch.
    Emailed the vcard to my exchange account (default account).
    Imported the vcard.
    Checked OWA, and all contacts were there.

Everything done nice and easily from my Pre.