1.    #1  
    I recently activated my Pre after spending a few months on Android with the Hero. I synced my facebook and all of the friends are now in my contacts. That wouldn't be so bad but it won't let me delete them. Android has a great feature where you can choose to only sync facebook contacts that are already a contact in your phone, that is what I want. I don't need a 100 contacts that I will never call.
    you have to delete them on facebook. The phone is just holding a copy. Try that. Then open the contacts app and click on re-sync.
  3.    #3  
    That sucks. I guess I will just have to unsync it. I don't want to have to delete them off of facebook, I want them on there. I just don't want them in my contacts on my phone. On Android it's nice since it gives you there updates and it sync's there updated picture for the caller ID.
    it should work the same on the Pre. Maybe I am not understanding the q. Lets see who else chimes in. Uour reply confuses me.
    He wants only google/exchange contacts to be synchornized with facebook.
    For example, I have only 50 google contacts (with phone number) but about 250 facebook friends ! I don't want all these contacts in my phonebook, but only those with phone number or matching with google/exchange contacts!
    I had the exact same question when I first got my pre. Someone informed that I should just use the global search when finding a contact... so I just do that now.

I WISH, however, that it worked the way you're explaining like it does on WinMo an Android. For those of us with a lot of FBook contacts it makes the contacts directory nearly useless. I recently got rid of it on my bottom bar and put the weather in it's place.
    There has been a nice idea out for a while (I'm sorry, I don't remember who had it.)

Create a new contact called "Facebook Friends" or whatever and link all the contacts you do not want to show up in your list to that account - it might take some time depending on how many of those you have, but it definitley cleans up the contactlist and leaves only the ones you really want.