Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have an Exchange account and while the inbox syncs like it should and gets push e-mails just fine, if I browse to any of the subfolders, they don't seem to update. I get the little rotating symbol in the upper right, but nothing past March 30, 2010 will show up. I have restarted the Pre, but nothing. I don't understand why it would have stopped working. Please help! Thanks!
    It's set up that way intentionally to limit the amount of data transfered and stored on the phone. The subfolders won't sync unless you open them and wait for a few minutes (sometimes longer, depending on how much is in the folder) for them to update. Only the inbox will sync regularly/automatically.

Try opening a folder, then letting your phone set for 5-10 minutes and look again. I'd guess the emails will be up to date (or at least in process of syncing) then.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I don't understand the purpose of that. If I have clicked on that subfolder, and I'm still at that screen, shouldn't it start updating sooner? If I'm in a meeting or talking with someone and trying to reference an e-mail, it's kind of galling to have to tell them, "hey, we'll just have to wait 5-10 minutes or so for my phone to decide to start pulling down e-mails."
    Yeah, not saying I like it, it's put me in a tough spot a time or two as well. Just telling you what I've found. I don't think it can be changed; at least I haven't found a way to change it.

The only way to really avoid it is not putting emails in sub-folders, then just doing a search......definitely not a desirable thing to do.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I appreciate your input. It's good to know it will sync, eventually, and that it wasn't broken. Unfortunately for me, putting all of e-mails in one folder, the inbox, isn't an option. Thanks for your help.

Perhaps Palm will let us decide how quickly the phone will update the folder once we click on it in the next software update. Though I'm not sure how the acquisition by HP will affect the software development and update process...
    You can also do a "sync now" manually to each subfolder - just go into the subfolder and click on the "refresh" or "recycle" button in the lower right (the one with the two arrows). That will do a "sync now" of that particular subfolder.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Oh, I forgot to mention that in my post. Pushing the sync button in the lower right doesn't do anything. It causes the sync icon to show, rotating, in the upper right, but nothing actually changes.

If I stay on that window and just let the phone sit for several minutes, then it does update, as ISU_phoria pointed out. I just can't do anything else with the mail app for those several minutes, which is just weird and sucky.
    Strange - my does sync the subfolder immediately - however, I also have mine set to only sync the last 3 days, so there is not much in my folders. I also have my over all sync to manual. And I have the pre plus. Not sure that any of that makes a difference though.