1.    #1  
    So a friend of mine just got a Pixi and she asked a question I never thought of - is there any way to sign out of email or otherwise gt the email app to ask for your username and password each time you try to bring up email? She's worried about losing her phone and having information compromised or having prying eyes rifling through her email.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
    So a friend of mine just got a Pixi and she asked a question I never thought of - is there any way to sign out of email or otherwise gt the email app to ask for your username and password each time you try to bring up email? She's worried about losing her phone and having information compromised or having prying eyes rifling through her email.
    No. The way to protect your phone from these situations is to require a PIN to use it. That'll protect everything, not just e-mail.

The only stock app that can be set to ask for a password each time is the App Catalog.
  3.    #3  
    Setting a PIN was my advice to her too, but she wanted that extra layer of security.
    If it is lost, tell her to do a "Remote Wipe". That will erase the phone's user stored data (pics, etc). Also, can go online to her account and disable the phone. If she recovers the phone, it is easy to re-sign-on and get it back up to snuff.