1.    #1  
    After some time of not really paying much attention, I discovered that there is no support on the Pre for the custom fields in Google. On the surface this might not seem strange except that PalmOS had custom fields of its own so one would thing at least four would be supported in WebOS. Discovered this after going to my WebOS to find a frequent flier number only to find it wasn't there. I had moved all my custom fields from PalmDesktop into Google custom fields.

So...is this an oversight? Or is this something that is due to limitations in the Google API? Seems to me that these fields should be there given it was a feature of the old Contact list.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I think it has more to do with the history of webOS. Google Custom Fields were added for Google Contacts v3 around July 2009. Palm webOS was engineered for Google Contacts API v2 which was the version during the webOS development period in the first half of 2009.

Google Contacts v3 fields include all custom fields and birthday, anniversary, person (spouse), and a bunch of other values. .

CompanionLink for Google still places all Palm Desktop custom fields into the NOTE field for each Contact. This way the data transfers to the Pre. We will continue to do this until the Pre/Pixi comes up to v3 standards with regard to Google.
  3.    #3  
    OK that makes sense. Hopefully WebOS will catch up. Thanks
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    Google Contacts v3 fields include all custom fields and birthday, anniversary, person (spouse), and a bunch of other values. .
    And quite some time has gone by since it's release.

I hope Palm really soon updates their PIM to be a bit more usable.
    Getting back some Palm PIM strength of the past. Hello Palm:

Thanks for doing it very soon.