1.    #1  
    I have my default calendar set to Google. All of my Google events sync perfectly however, none of my Pre Profile or Facebook events are syncing with Google. Is this normal behavior? If not, does anyone know what the issue could be? I have confirmed that all of my calendars are set to "Display In All Calendars View".
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    I have my default calendar set to Google. All of my Google events sync perfectly however, none of my Pre Profile or Facebook events are syncing with Google. Is this normal behavior? If not, does anyone know what the issue could be? I have confirmed that all of my calendars are set to "Display In All Calendars View".
    Uhm... I'm not sure what you're trying to do but as far as I know each calendar (Palm profile, Facebook, Google, etc) are separate. They don't sync with each other. You put so and so event on your Google Calendar on your phone and it goes to Google only.

Having said that Google Calendar sync does have a lot of issues, like all-day calendar events not syncing properly. From what I read, the problem stems from Google. That must explain why Palm hasn't been ale to fix that problem since launch.
  3.    #3  
    Oh boy. Ok. So, unless I am wrong, there is no place on the web to view the Palm Pre events in the calendar... you can only view them on the Pre.

So now the problem I am faced with is that I have synced my backed up calendar to BOTH the Palm Pre profile and the Google Profile therefore, for every event, the calendar is showing a the event twice.

Now, I could just set the calendar to show only the Google events however, I also have a Facebook calendar and want to view those events as well. It doesn't look like there's a way to show the Google and FB calendars and not the Palm calendar... It's either ALL calendars or ONE of the other calendars.

Since I think I will be using Google Calendar oing forward, is there a way to remove the Palm Profile from my calendar or at least a way to somehow automatically delete all of the events from the Palm Profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    Oh boy. Ok. So, unless I am wrong, there is no place on the web to view the Palm Pre events in the calendar... you can only view them on the Pre.

So now the problem I am faced with is that I have synced my backed up calendar to BOTH the Palm Pre profile and the Google Profile therefore, for every event, the calendar is showing a the event twice.

Now, I could just set the calendar to show only the Google events however, I also have a Facebook calendar and want to view those events as well. It doesn't look like there's a way to show the Google and FB calendars and not the Palm calendar... It's either ALL calendars or ONE of the other calendars.

Since I think I will be using Google Calendar oing forward, is there a way to remove the Palm Profile from my calendar or at least a way to somehow automatically delete all of the events from the Palm Profile?
    Yea I never add anything to my Palm profile calendar. I almost exclusively use Google.

As far as I know you can't delete Palm profile calendar account. I imagine your best option to help you get rid of Palm profile calendar events would be backing up all your notes, tasks, phone numbers on Palm profile, list of applications etc. and deleting your Palm Profile backup by turning backup off. That should clear it all. Though having done that once I know that's not perfect either. It brought back some of my applications after I doctored my phone.
    When you go to calendar view options, you can choose which calendars show in the "all calendars" view. There's a yes/no toggle in each calendar's options.
    Quote Originally Posted by braindeadracefan View Post
    When you go to calendar view options, you can choose which calendars show in the "all calendars" view. There's a yes/no toggle in each calendar's options.
    Yeah, but the Palm Profile can't be set to Off for some unfathomable reason and you can't remove entries en masse from it. I don't see how you could do it unless you wiped your Palm profile completely. They really need a better solution for managing Palm data over the desktop (it could still be cloud) for people who don't use Google and find out too late that it's the easiest way with webOS.
    Can you guys explain to me what it means to add an event to your palm profile? I have my pre synced with google. I either add an event on the google calendar site or on my phone. Am I doing the proper thing or incorrect? Should I be adding to palm profile?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomata182 View Post
    Can you guys explain to me what it means to add an event to your palm profile? I have my pre synced with google. I either add an event on the google calendar site or on my phone. Am I doing the proper thing or incorrect? Should I be adding to palm profile?
    You have Google as one of your calendar accounts. Think of the Palm Profile as just another calendar account, separate and apart from your Google calendar. They are totally separate accounts. In the calendar settings, you can set one of them to your default accounts.

Look at the calendar on your Pre, on the top right you'll see a Tab with an arrow, touch that and you'll see that you can set it to show all calendars or just a specific calendar, i.e., Google.

The problem with the Palm Profile account is that there is no way to see your calendar on the web like you can with Google.

I'm still kind of new at this myself, I hope I made it so you can understand.
    Same problem. I wish they had made it more clear before I did the palm sync the first time. I have a lot of duplicate entries going back into the past. I only enter the new ones into a google calendar (I have one for business and one for personal), and never into the Palm. Why don't they make all that available online somewhere? When I have some time to kill, I sometimes go back and delete some more Palm Profile entries. I think I'm clear for about a year, now, but there should be a better solution!