Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    May be stupid questions, but where the heck do I put music files? Do I create a MUSIC folder in USB mode? Is there a folder already there so that the music player can find it? Is there any way to actually sync music or is it just drag/drop?
    You can put music ANYWHERE in Pre that is accesssible in USB mode. Pre will find them, and know they are music files. You can create folders for your own organizational set up, but the pre wont see folders, just music files

As for syncing, thats another story. There are a few apps out there that some have had good luck with. For now, iTunes will not.

the apps mentioned that some have had succes with are

Media Monkey
    Double Twist
    Song bird

Personally I have not had much luck with any of those, but others have.

Enjoy!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

If you use itunes 9.0.1, you should be good to go. Also, as stated before, just drag and drop your mp3's to any place on your USB side of your Pre. You can create a music folder if you'd like (just for organization's sake) but it's not necessary.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Another quick question: What formats will the OEM player play? It doesn't seem to recognize FLAC.

Curious- it looks like WMP is trying to sync! It recognized the Pre and is showing me what's on it, correctly.
    It plays mp3
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It plays mp3
    Not wma?

Oh. This is cool. WMP is organizing all of the files. Putting all the songs in folders by artist.
    Unfortunately, it's putting on a lot of stuff that I didn't want there- but that's alright, I'll just have to create some playlists and delete some of it.

Very nice.
    Last edited by Trident; 04/23/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I now have a bunch of music on there.
    I went into the Help section to find out how to create a playlist... but I keep getting a yellow triangle with a message that it "Failed to load the requested page." It says that on all the Help subjects.
    Can someone enlighten me?
    ===========
    After a little reading and experimenting... WMP does sync the music, but the playlists aren't recognized. Oh well. I did find the Remix app, but adding all those songs in one at a time is going to be a PITA. I can't believe there is no client/pc software for organizing the songs. It seems ridiculous that Palm would put in an app that will show a playlist, but not give you any simple way to create one.
    Last edited by Trident; 04/23/2010 at 08:04 PM.