Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hello, I'm getting a Pre today as a replacement phone for my Touch Pro. My wife has a Pre and I've helped her with some things so I'm not completely ignorant, but this is pretty new to me. What would be the best way to transfer contacts from a WM phone to the Pre? Thanks in advance,
    When I purchased my Pre from Sprint, they just hooked it up to their computer and transferred all of my contacts.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    will it sync with outlook?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    When I purchased my Pre from Sprint, they just hooked it up to their computer and transferred all of my contacts.
    Yup did that with my Instink as well. Not sure if it will work on other phones, or if they would be willing to do it for a non sprint customer.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Best way I think it could be done is sync contacts to outlook through activesync. Export contacts to csv. Upload to google via gmail>contacts>import and sync your google profile on to the pre. I've not tried it personally, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work. This also ensures where ever you go in the future you've got a dependable copy of your contacts whether it be on android or palm. No idea on the iphone though.