1.    #1  
    How, synchronize tasks and memos from the Palm?

I have a large list of memos and tasks in Palm centro and the dta.
    Palm - Run the Data Transfer Assistant for Windows

No support transfer this to Google.

What solutions are there?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    +1

I am also looking for a smooth solution syncing Tasks and Memos through the cloud.

Palm webOS <-> cloud <-> Desktop

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Copy each memo into Evernote.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Copy each memo into Evernote.
    Copy/Paste text manually to Evernote? God, that sounds painful. Wish there was a better solution.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Well I have to say:

Tasks are the priority 1 for me. Used for organizing all my tasks and todo's for my professional and personal life.

PALM: Please tune up this PIM apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Well I have to say:

Tasks are the priority 1 for me. Used for organizing all my tasks and todo's for my professional and personal life.

PALM: Please tune up this PIM apps.
    I tried a whole bunch of solutions & finally settled on a simple one: I created a second Google calendar called "To Do". For general events, I make them all day, and I put timed events for the specific time with a reminder.

By doing this, tasks can be visible on both my desktop calendar & my Pre, and sync with no issues
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I tried a whole bunch of solutions & finally settled on a simple one: I created a second Google calendar called "To Do". For general events, I make them all day, and I put timed events for the specific time with a reminder.

By doing this, tasks can be visible on both my desktop calendar & my Pre, and sync with no issues
    But I guess, you have them either to move from day to day, or they are spread all over the place.

Not a real nice list, with a date only where required.

Might be an (ugly) work around but not what I was looking for.

Thank you anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    But I guess, you have them either to move from day to day, or they are spread all over the place.

Not a real nice list, with a date only where required.

Might be an (ugly) work around but not what I was looking for.

Thank you anyhow.
    Actually, it's not bad. Because I have my "To Do Calendar" visible on my desktop calendar in red, they're easily visible.. When I want to see all of my tasks as a list, I just click Agenda view, and click my main calendar so it's not visible. Easy peasy.

I actually like having to move them from day to day, as it forces me to ask why I keep putting some tasks off.

But that's okay - different strokes for different folks.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    look at chapura.com

utilities for sync with oitlook (thats what I use) and palm desktop. No cloud needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjasonmott View Post
    Copy/Paste text manually to Evernote? God, that sounds painful. Wish there was a better solution.
    You can copy all of your notes into evernote at the same time with a few mouse clicks if you do a little research.

For tasks there is Toodledo or Remember The Milk that are cloud based solutions and have WebOS clients. Quite frankly Google Tasks / Notes are terrible.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Try outline tracker (free version) for tasks it will sink with basecamp online.

For notes try classic note. Classic note is free as well and allows you to import from csv to your pre. So if you have thousands of notes just export on desktop and import onto your pre.
    I was using gqueues, which synced to my google calendar...worked well. Niw they are charging for the service, so i'm looking for something else...
    I had the same problem, and finally settled on Done! on my Pre which syncs to Toodledo. I found these seemed to work better together than the options for RTM. I also converted most of my memo's to the to do list on Toodledo, and just sort them differently. I left a few private memo's on the Pre that I didn't want synced OTA, but nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I had the same problem, and finally settled on Done! on my Pre which syncs to Toodledo. I found these seemed to work better together than the options for RTM.
    I'm also doing this. Sign up with a free account at Toodledo and get Done! from Preware.

Each task can hold a 32k character note. So this works as GTD tasks tracker and memopad.

I use the following:
    Folders
    - Homeowner (mostly Honey Do list items)
    - Work
    - Personal
    - Project 1 (actual name though)
    - Project 2 (actual name though)

Context
    - .Inbox
    - .Waiting For
    - @Computer
    - @Errands
    - @Work
    - @Home
    - @People/Calls

Wife and I are using a Pro Toodledo account so we can share folders. She can add to my Homeowner folder. I don't know how collaboration will work on the Pre, but you can use email to add tasks to others folders, even without using Pro.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.