Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This is good, but can't use Pre, need PrePlus .
    Can't use Pre?? Why not? would be almost perfect if sync over internet was working...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I agree. A service to use this over the internet, in addition to wifi would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I don't see anything that says preplus only!
  6.    #6  
    Where does it say Pre + only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    So I take it from your comment that you're actually using this ... or do you just "love" the idea? How about a little more in depth review? Sounds like something a lot of folks have been wanting (like me).

Seems like $10 is a little pricey, but probably worth it if it really works well. I've found that personally, once I've downloaded my basic music library I don't change it that much ... so I'm not sure how really necessary this is for me. Plus this is one way at the moment, right? Being able to upload pictures from the Pre would be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    So I take it from your comment that you're actually using this ... or do you just "love" the idea? How about a little more in depth review? Sounds like something a lot of folks have been wanting (like me).

Seems like $10 is a little pricey, but probably worth it if it really works well. I've found that personally, once I've downloaded my basic music library I don't change it that much ... so I'm not sure how really necessary this is for me. Plus this is one way at the moment, right? Being able to upload pictures from the Pre would be nice too.
    Exactly! That'd be sweet to be able to sync the pics folder back to your PC!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I agree, until it has 2 way sync (ie sync pics/video on my pre with my PC) I'm not shelling out 10 bucks. Its rare I upload from my PC to my Pre
    Well sadly I can't say hello to wifi because I have a sprint pixi. But maybe we can say hello to bluetooth media sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Well sadly I can't say hello to wifi because I have a sprint pixi. But maybe we can say hello to bluetooth media sync.
    I feel bad for you Pixi folks. I doubt any of us really knew what a big divide there would be between the Pre and the Pixi.

On topic: If this app syncs media from Pre->PC then awesome. If it only syncs data from PC->Pre then it's completely pointless.
    I just sent the dev team at 8bit an e-mail asking if two-way sync is in the cards...
    Bah! Winblows only!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Bah iTools.. Unless of course you use linux.
    I think I'll stick with WinSCP.
    Please post if you know this will do a two way snyc.
    Does it sync with webos quick install too? lol
    stinking program is 10 bucks! not sure if it's worth that much.
    My e-mail reply from dev team...

Luke, I hear ya buddy!

The Good: Two way sync is coming!
    The Bad: Due to Palm's restrictions, you will have to select each pic one-by-one to upload it to your PC. Palm does not allow apps to "scan" folders and files, they currently require user interaction. This hopefully will change in the future, but for now we're stuck with a "select file, upload file" process.

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Palm Pre Wifi Media Sync
    Date: Tue, April 20, 2010 8:40 am
    To: appsupport@8bitdev.com

Are there any plans to provide a two-way sync functionality to this app? I would spend the $10 if I could sync photos from the Pre to my PC!

thank you,
    -Luke
    Do you need the pre plus for this to work? (because the pre doesnt have the hotspot?)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast