Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ok, so, along with all my appointments being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled on outlook and my pre, I have an interesting issue that will not go away.

My son's birthday suddenly started showing up as an event daily. Sometimes once. Sometimes twice. On some days I have at least 15 or 20 reminders that my son's birthday is that day. That's right, according to my pre and outlook (and google.com/calendar), every day is my boy's birthday. Fortunately, the kid can't read because I'd be in a world of hell if I wasn't buying presents for each event.

I've deleted the outlook events, they come back. I've tried deleting from google but I get all kinds of errors (gee, an error with 25 listings for the same event, each one on the wrong day?) and I've tried deleting them on the phone but that results in a freeze up. I really don't want to format everything and start all over and I'm afraid to delete the calendar as it took me a while to decipher this far too complicated process for using outlook in the first place.

anyone suffer something as ridiculous as this and know of a fix that actually works?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Crakuer,

We've seen Google Sync get a bit out of control in accounts where there is a lot of past data. Is there any chance you are synchronizing back calendars for a couple years in the past? What we've seen is issues with present and future items. The cause appears to be related to a large number of past repeated appointments.

If that is the case, here's what you can do. Back everything to your PC, and clean it up. In Outlook, you can "View By" "Category" and make a list of your items. Sort it, and it is easy to pick out the duplicates and delete them.

In Google, make a new Calendar folder. Synchronize Outlook to Google, but only go 30 days back. All days forward is fine. The problems we've seen is associated with years of past data, not just a few months.

On Pre, set you Calendar to Only get data from the new folder. Set that up, and let it sync for a week. See if there are any problems.

If it clears everything up, you can reset CompanionLink to slowly roll back six months at a time. Go a week between each "trial" to see if the Google Sync is stable. I would not go farther back than two years.

You can always call CompanionLink Technical Support. It is a free service. They can help you reset your data and get it all cleaned up.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm, Windows Mobile, Outlook and Google | CompanionLink Software
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'm fairly sure I set it up to only take new data (no need for the old calendar dates on the phone).
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    well, it wasn't the back end of the calendar. some screwy error on the sync. I deleted my whole outlook calendar, going backwards and then I purged the google calendar, deleted the pre calendar and resynced. everything worked. A couple of doubles on the appointments in the next few weeks, no biggie to delete the dupes.

I do, however, keep getting a companionlink message about the 574 deleted entries (more than half of those are the same, repeating birthday issue)