Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey, all, my Pre (Sprint) has been experiencing some Google login weirdness and wondered if you had any suggestions (searching turned up nothing on this particular phenomenon).

I have Google accounts for Mail, Contacts, and IM. Gmail syncs fine, but Google Contacts and GTalk won't log in -- I keep getting "Username or password is invalid. Try again." messages on those apps on the Pre.

So, anyone know why one Google service would sync fine and others would not when I'm using the same account username and password for all? And yes, I'm 100% positive I'm entering it correctly.

Thanks in advance.
    my gmail won't sync as of this weekend. just a question - are you using the 800mhz patch? that's the only thing I've changed recently, but I have no idea why it would have any affect.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcc View Post
    my gmail won't sync as of this weekend. just a question - are you using the 800mhz patch? that's the only thing I've changed recently, but I have no idea why it would have any affect.
    Yep...800MHz patch is on-board, but I'm having no problems with Gmail syncing. Also, I've been having this Google account sync issue since well before I put the 800MHz patch on. So I don't think they're related. *fingers crossed*
    I was having the log out error since before the 800mhz patch too.

Edit, ok it wouldn't let me add the account yesterday over ev-do or wifi, but I just tried it again and it's adding. we'll see how it works this go round. definitely seems to be some 1.4.1 problem.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    OK, this is weird:

Went off-campus and hooked up with Sprint EVDO -- GTalk logged right in.

Got back to campus and the Pre switched over to our Wi-Fi -- GTalk immediately told me my login/password was incorrect. Internet access still works, since I can get email & access the web just fine.

Seriously...what's the deal?