Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    Is there no way to create an iTunes sync patch so we Mac users can use iTunes to sync our Pres? I use iTunes as it;s the only sensible option on MAc, and I have had to update it as I bought an iPad. I want to be able to use my Pre as well and ****ing about moving media files is less than ideal when the solution is already there. Is the USB identifier trick not able to me emulated? That way it isn't Palm's problem but we still get the functionality.
  2. #2  
    That sounds like a problem... well I'm sure everyone is going to recommend doubletwist and a million other options, but I know how you feel. Who wants to go transfer over over 5gb of songs to a new program?

    Is it possible to have 2 iTunes downloaded at once? Other than that I can't think of another solution except for using 2 computers.
  3.    #3  
    Double twist on a Mac is poor. It has no sync for tv shows or movies, just photos and music. That's not duplicating functionality. I would imagine it's better on Windows, but there are loads of alternatives on Windows anyway, Mediamonkey etc. I don't want an alternative, I actually like the way iTunes organises my stuff, I'm used to it.
    I just find it surprising that no-one has thought to try and duplicate Palms work .
  4. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #4  
    just use an older version of itunes. thats what i do and it still sync's to my pre
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  5.    #5  
    The point is I cannot use an older version of iTunes as I have bough an iPad and it wont work with an older version. Hence my post. Plus I don't want to be on iTunes 9 when iTunes 10 comes out with better features.
  6. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    just use an older version of itunes. thats what i do and it still sync's to my pre

    I was doing that until recently when it no longer connects to iTunes store. *******s force ya to upgrade!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  7. #7  
    Man I feel you.... took me a while to downgrade my itunes to allow the sync and the ability to sync my pre has greatly improved my love for this phone.

    I'm constantly downloading a ton of music so the ability to sync my "Recently Added" playlist is key.

    A patch is a great idea, I would image people have exhausted all solutions to this issue. As people always just recommend getting used to some new software, hate to admit it though nothing compares to itunes (at least for me).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I was doing that until recently when it no longer connects to iTunes store. *******s force ya to upgrade!
    Really? I can still connect to the itunes store right now. That will probably change soon though.


    Man someone should figure out a solution.
  9. Brainerd's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Really? I can still connect to the itunes store right now. That will probably change soon though.

    Man someone should figure out a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I was doing that until recently when it no longer connects to iTunes store. *******s force ya to upgrade!
    This is why I buy my music on Amazon. Apple locks down everything. DRM was a huge problem with non-Apple devices. It you're buying music, go to Amazon and let their download tool import the new music into iTunes. For movies and TV, I'm not sure if there is a solution.

    Apple is truly Orwellian. I owned an original Mac in '84, now I avoid them whenever I can.
  10.    #10  
    I don't like it either, but its still better than Windows in my opinion. I just want to be able to use iTUnes, if Palm hadn't gotten me used to it when syncing the Pre I wouldn't care as much, but to start and then stop is so-half assed, it sums up a lot of my frustration with Palm.
  11. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #11  
    Try this out, I don't have a mac so I don't know if it'll work or not, I was looking for something for my windows laptop so I can upgrade my itunes so I figured I'd look for mac while i was at it. Hope this helps

    iTuneMyWalkman for Mac - Free Mac software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
  12.    #12  
    Cheers Mate, but thats only fo rmusic.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schmid View Post
    This is why I buy my music on Amazon. Apple locks down everything. DRM was a huge problem with non-Apple devices. It you're buying music, go to Amazon and let their download tool import the new music into iTunes. For movies and TV, I'm not sure if there is a solution.

    Apple is truly Orwellian. I owned an original Mac in '84, now I avoid them whenever I can.
    If you could see past your preconceived notions of Apple, you'd know that there is no DRM on iTunes music. All music on iTunes is now DRM free. Videos are a different story. Now how about you post a solution to the problem the OP posed? There is no easy way to sync a Pre to the really only available media management program on the Mac. How the media got in there is no longer relevant.

    OP, have you tried the Missing Sync? It's supposed to sync iTunes audio and non protected video.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    Is there no way to create an iTunes sync patch so we Mac users can use iTunes to sync our Pres? I use iTunes as it;s the only sensible option on MAc, and I have had to update it as I bought an iPad. I want to be able to use my Pre as well and ****ing about moving media files is less than ideal when the solution is already there. Is the USB identifier trick not able to me emulated? That way it isn't Palm's problem but we still get the functionality.
    What's wrong with just drag/drop? Sorry you didn't realize how you were being locked in when you bought into that system. Why does Apple need to complicate what is just file management and metadata scanning? Every other media player in the world uses mass storage and runs its own database that groks the tags in the media files themselves.

    My suggestion to anybody using itunes is to export their stuff, organize it properly (I like /artist/album/track), and never use itunes again. If that's not something you want to do, then please stop whining about your inability to use the stuff that you paid for as you see fit and continue buying your 'easy to use' i-gadgets.
    : (){:|:&};:
  15. #15  
    what I do is I install the new iitunes when I need it, the delete and install the older one when I sync my pre...

    I know it's really cumbersome but at least I get to sync
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    What's wrong with just drag/drop? Sorry you didn't realize how you were being locked in when you bought into that system. Why does Apple need to complicate what is just file management and metadata scanning? Every other media player in the world uses mass storage and runs its own database that groks the tags in the media files themselves.

    My suggestion to anybody using itunes is to export their stuff, organize it properly (I like /artist/album/track), and never use itunes again. If that's not something you want to do, then please stop whining about your inability to use the stuff that you paid for as you see fit and continue buying your 'easy to use' i-gadgets.


    I didn't start this thread for you to bash Apple mate, nor to defend them. I realised exactly what I got with iTunes, the best Mac sync client for music and video available. Like i said, if Palm hadn't ****ed about by starting using it then stopping, I would have never thought about it.

    I dont buy into the whole Apple thing, but just having a dig because they are APPLe is bloody stupid. iTunes is the best media experience on a MAc, mostly because its the only one that doesn't use a plugin to actually just access itunes anyway. It actually works really well, much better than drag and drop.

    Why dont you go and play with Linux or buy a Nokia? Get off your high horse you *****.

    Get
  17. #17  
    I have to admit that Itunes syncs your music better than any other software IMO and i'm on windows I downgraded to 9.0 after I did a computer restart "virus related" I don't care about upgrading as there are never really any new features added to Itunes just bug fixes I can't name a single thing I would gain by upgrading
  18. #18  
    Its not really fair to bash Palm on this, either. Its not Palms fault that apple, not caring about the fact that this would be expanding their user base on iTunes, keeps blocking the Pre with every update and Palm would have to come out with another update to circumvent their blocking. I even remember reading somewhere that apple was talking about going after Palm for doing the little spoof that made iTunes think the Pre was a legit iPod in the first place. So this really is apples fault here, not Palms.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    I didn't start this thread for you to bash Apple mate, nor to defend them. I realised exactly what I got with iTunes, the best Mac sync client for music and video available. Like i said, if Palm hadn't ****ed about by starting using it then stopping, I would have never thought about it.

    I dont buy into the whole Apple thing, but just having a dig because they are APPLe is bloody stupid. iTunes is the best media experience on a MAc, mostly because its the only one that doesn't use a plugin to actually just access itunes anyway. It actually works really well, much better than drag and drop.

    Why dont you go and play with Linux or buy a Nokia? Get off your high horse you *****.

    Get
    I didn't bash apple, simply stated the fact that their design is broken for the end user. I'm sorry you take this so personally. I guess it's a great design for them, as it keeps you in your cage. Having to use a specific piece of software just to put some files on a device seems braindead to me. Cameras moved away from that long ago, when mass storage USB profiles became prevalent. Why does apple still cling to it?
    : (){:|:&};:
  20. #20  
    For me I like Itunes because you can manage your music pretty good with it. If you have a bunch of playlists setup with Itunes and then you get a pre you would like to get those playlists on there pretty easy. Redoing playlists TAKES FOREVER!!!!!

    I have come to the conclusion that we won't be able to use Itunes anymore. So what I'm doing is using Itunes and Double twist. Hopefully Double twist gets better..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions