Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    If you could see past your preconceived notions of Apple, you'd know that there is no DRM on iTunes music. All music on iTunes is now DRM free. Videos are a different story. Now how about you post a solution to the problem the OP posed? There is no easy way to sync a Pre to the really only available media management program on the Mac. How the media got in there is no longer relevant.

OP, have you tried the Missing Sync? It's supposed to sync iTunes audio and non protected video.
    Missing sync is good in that you can select what you want to sync from itunes and it will do all of that for you.

However, while it will sync playlists, for some reason the playlists don't sync properly to the Pre. So you end up having the songs on there just not in the actual playlists they were in.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I didn't bash apple, simply stated the fact that their design is broken for the end user. I'm sorry you take this so personally. I guess it's a great design for them, as it keeps you in your cage. Having to use a specific piece of software just to put some files on a device seems braindead to me. Cameras moved away from that long ago, when mass storage USB profiles became prevalent. Why does apple still cling to it?
    I dont have to use a specific piece of software, I just want to be able to use my chosen piece of software and asked if anyone knew how. Jesus, they talk about apple *******, you're ten times worse. Did Apple wrong you in a past life? easy enough solution - just don't buy any apple products. I bought a Pre to get away form the iphone as I love it as a phone, and I just came on here to ask did anyone know how to make my life easier, I never mentioned Apple other than iTunes. Everything is caged mate, try MS Office, Sony's SD cards (for your camera example) or Adobe Photoshop for proprietary file formats etc. Learn a little before you speak.

Sorry to the rest of the sensible posters here, and thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'm out of luck.

Whoever you are mate - your name suits you. get the blinkers off, the world is not black and white.

Thread closed.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    I have to admit that Itunes syncs your music better than any other software IMO and i'm on windows I downgraded to 9.0 after I did a computer restart "virus related" I don't care about upgrading as there are never really any new features added to Itunes just bug fixes I can't name a single thing I would gain by upgrading
    That was my solution too, but I had to upgrade to use the iPad I bought. They have me done, so I was hoping for someone to emulate Palms solution so I could just have all my music and film in one place for syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    I dont have to use a specific piece of software, I just want to be able to use my chosen piece of software and asked if anyone knew how. Jesus, they talk about apple *******, you're ten times worse. Did Apple wrong you in a past life? easy enough solution - just don't buy any apple products. I bought a Pre to get away form the iphone as I love it as a phone, and I just came on here to ask did anyone know how to make my life easier, I never mentioned Apple other than iTunes. Everything is caged mate, try MS Office, Sony's SD cards (for your camera example) or Adobe Photoshop for proprietary file formats etc. Learn a little before you speak.

Sorry to the rest of the sensible posters here, and thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'm out of luck.

Whoever you are mate - your name suits you. get the blinkers off, the world is not black and white.

Thread closed.
    I'm not the one coming into a forum whining for somebody else to 'fix' a device to work with your beloved broken piece of software that nobody but apple uses. If it's that big of a deal for you, perhaps you should get an iphone. Many others who have a workaround have posted it here already. There's nothing to fix on the phone itself. It's not broken.

You locked yourself into that ecosystem, and have nobody to blame but yourself.
    : (){:|:&};:
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I'm not the one coming into a forum whining for somebody else to 'fix' a device to work with your beloved broken piece of software that nobody but apple uses. If it's that big of a deal for you, perhaps you should get an iphone. Many others who have a workaround have posted it here already. There's nothing to fix on the phone itself. It's not broken.

You locked yourself into that ecosystem, and have nobody to blame but yourself.
    I dont blame anyone for anything, unlike you. You seem to have anger issues mate, if so , direct them somewhere else. I started this thread, if you read my original post there are legitimate reasons why most of the workarounds don't work for me. I never invited your silly comments, so take them off with you. Begone, shoo.

If you don't have a solution then go somewhere else to vent your spleen, as you are boring the hell out of me.
    I gave you a solution. You just don't like it

Good luck in your endeavors. Maybe you'll figure something out and contribute it back.
    : (){:|:&};:
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Missing sync is good in that you can select what you want to sync from itunes and it will do all of that for you.

However, while it will sync playlists, for some reason the playlists don't sync properly to the Pre. So you end up having the songs on there just not in the actual playlists they were in.

I just want a one stop shop for all of my music and vids, plus my podcasts, TV shows etc. I actually think Apple were unbelievably petty to block it, but it sort of then fell on Palm to find a solution instead of just crying unfair. So I do blame Palm a little. Nothing really works as well as iTunes on a Mac, it doesn't matter if it's fair or not. I just would like a simple solution, one Palm provided for a while, then gave up on without providing an alternative.
    Where can I get an older version of iTunes? One that syncs with Pre. My wife has a Mac and uses iTunes. No way she will learn something new. She loves her Pre, but wants to sync with her Mac.
    The blind hatred towards apple really has a way of clouding peoples judgement on this forum and makes them incapable to participate logically.

If you don't use their products or software thats cool but you don't need to go around and bash people who do and tell them to go get an iPhone if they don't like it.

That stuff is just pathetic.
  10.    #31  
    Tell me about it, I only came on to ask for help, and I get an earful form an Apple hater. I don't get it, the TUnes discussion WAS the topic, not alternatives - I want to use iTunes not anything else.
    All the crap that people apply to Apple has been done my MS and others, it's all a load of bollocks. I dont have the Apple blinkers on like far too many posters, but I dont hate them for no reason either.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    Tell me about it, I only came on to ask for help, and I get an earful form an Apple hater. I don't get it, the TUnes discussion WAS the topic, not alternatives - I want to use iTunes not anything else.
    All the crap that people apply to Apple has been done my MS and others, it's all a load of bollocks. I dont have the Apple blinkers on like far too many posters, but I dont hate them for no reason either.
    Its like some people feel that people only purchased a Pre because of some joint hatred towards everything apple.
  12.    #33  
    I bought the Pre as a genuine alternative to the iPhone, and I think it's the best phone on the market, I really do. But unless Palm come out with something stellar soon I think they are buried, which is a shame, ad I'm gone. I live in Ireland, and the best i can hope for this summer is a Pre with double storage? Come on.

I think they are the only innovators left in the mobile space - Apple are locked into the OS X mobile cycle now, they cant get out even it they wanted to,as it's such a cash cow. Pity, because the original iphone was amazing and exciting. but now it's just old and tired. The implementation of multitasking is a joke, it will be ok on the iPad, but it's clunky as hell for a smaller screen.

I'm praying for this C40 rumour to pan out after the AT&T launch. I need something to keep me as a Palm user, which I really want to be, but they are making it bloody hard to stay loyal.
    Only old versions of Windows versions. Need a Mac version. Thanks though.
  14. mt8
    A Mac version would really help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12