1.    #1  
    I dont know if this has been discovered or not, i tried searching the forums...

Everyone hates the fact that you cant pick and choose which facebook friends show up in your contacts list. I realized a simple way to achieve this goal! Create a new contact called facebook friends or whatever u want, and then link everyone u dont want in your contacts to it!! Thats it,then it leaves u with one contact instead of hundreds!

Im sure someone has figured this out before me, but like i said i couldnt find it in the forums so it would be nice if someone would respond to let me know! Thanks hope this helps people!
    wow
  3.    #3  
    i guess i should take that as, this is nothing new?
    Nice idea!
    Nice idea. Brilliant yet so simple.
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys!! i hope it spreads... i know alot of people have this issue
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Great idea (saw it in the other thread you posted in first and thanked you there)
    good idea
    Or you could just only "friend" your ACTUAL friends?? O.o

(Never understood the "add me, add me, add me" mentality of social media. If you're not a company, band, other entity, what good does 465 (unknown) "friends" do for you??)

<- Confused. :/
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Think of what life would be like if you went through it only knowing the same five ppl.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

(Never understood the "add me, add me, add me" mentality of social media. If you're not a company, band, other entity, what good does 465 (unknown) "friends" do for you??)

I am a teacher and I use Facebook as a communication tool with my students. But I don't want them all in my contact list on my phone.

I also friended a lot of former high school classmates when we had our 20th a couple years ago. It is nice to be able to catch up through Facebook, but I don't want most of them taking up space in my contact list on my phone.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

Your theory is correct if you attended highschool in a BFE town that had a graduating class of like 50-100...apparently you don't realize a "medium school" can have a class of 400-500. While you aren't going to add 100% of the people from your class it's very feasible to have half on there between you adding people you want to catch up with/be nosey about and other people adding you to catch up etc. If you only have ~50-75 people on your facebook either you're older (which is fine) or you were not very outgoing. To each their own but I can easily remember every person who is on my FB and they certainly aren't 'unknown' or random strangers...they're all classmates/relatives/friends/co-workers and siblings of friends etc