1.    #1  
    Hey,

Has anyone got a setup where their phone synchronises with google contacts AND facebook, but only the contacts in google are sync'd with facebook.

I would like to sync the facebook details only of the contacts that exist in my phone (photos, emails, birthdays, etc)

but i dont want all my facebook friends in my contacts.

Thanks

Howard
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem...I really just want all their photos and not alllll them as contacts lol. I haven't figured out a way just to sync Facebook contacts with EXISTING contacts
    well I'm confused by what you both wrote. Fb and gmail syncs ALL the contacts. So if you have fb contacts that are in your gmail you can link the two to act as one. Doing this though you cannot sync certain contacts from fb it's either all or nothing. I don't mind it I use universal search anyways. It's nice to have contact pics for 90%+ of my contacts in my phone using this.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    well I'm confused by what you both wrote. Fb and gmail syncs ALL the contacts. So if you have fb contacts that are in your gmail you can link the two to act as one. Doing this though you cannot sync certain contacts from fb it's either all or nothing. I don't mind it I use universal search anyways. It's nice to have contact pics for 90%+ of my contacts in my phone using this.
    question is WHY cant it though. Other phones have this...on my POS storm if I synced facebook it just added photos/info for my EXISTING contacts on my phone not added every FB friend as a new contact.

Simple concept and to be honest its logical for a smartphone that they are hoping to aim at the corporate world. People don't want all their random friends (some of which they don't even know really) as contacts in their phone
    People in the corporate world have so many contacts that they don't even try to scroll through their contact lists to find them, so it doesn't matter who is or isn't in there. Type to search is your friend, especially since the Pre does first initial / last name.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    question is WHY cant it though. Other phones have this...on my POS storm if I synced facebook it just added photos/info for my EXISTING contacts on my phone not added every FB friend as a new contact.

Simple concept and to be honest its logical for a smartphone that they are hoping to aim at the corporate world. People don't want all their random friends (some of which they don't even know really) as contacts in their phone
    then go back to ur storm. simple concept.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    then go back to ur storm. simple concept.
    lmao you're an *****..truly
    Facebook is all or nothing, but Google contacts can be sorted. Personally, I have several folders with contacts I do not want synced and the ones I do are sitting in the main folder. Works like a charm.

I agree that having 9000000 facebook contacts kinda sucks, but maybe you have too many friends.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    yeah, that kinda sucks
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I can't even relate. I just type for name I am looking for. I can't imagine scrolling through my contacts...or needing to call a person or a business that I don't know their name but hope to recognize it when i'm scrolling.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hey Guys....Maybe a related topic here... i own a Palm Pre & sync with my Gmail calendar.
    Just bought my wife a Pixi and wanted to give her access to my Gmail calendar but NOT my CONTACTS.....Can I do this? She does not want my contacts only the caleder data..Please help
    Go to contacts and delete the Google account. The calendar will stay. It's just that when you add Google for the first time, it adds everything.