Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yeah, i just posted that
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    I was under the impression that my pre linked fb and google contacts automatically if the names were the same.
    If the names, emails, IM addresses, or the phone numbers are the same, it'll link them, in my experience.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis82 View Post
    I dont know if this has been discovered or not, i tried searching the forums...

Everyone hates the fact that you cant pick and choose which facebook friends show up in your contacts list. I realized a simple way to achieve this goal! Create a new contact called facebook friends or whatever u want, and then link everyone u dont want in your contacts to it!! Thats it,then it leaves u with one contact instead of hundreds!

Im sure someone has figured this out before me, but like i said i couldnt find it in the forums so it would be nice if someone would respond to let me know! Thanks hope this helps people!
    Thats a good idea!! I think I'll try that one out. Only question, does your Palm Profile save your linked contacts for when you redo/update your phone? (i'll try searching after this post as well)
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    Thats a good idea!! I think I'll try that one out. Only question, does your Palm Profile save your linked contacts for when you redo/update your phone? (i'll try searching after this post as well)
    I'm pretty sure that the linkings are not saved. That being said, they WILL be autolinked if they contain duplicate data.

Example: linking AIM contacts. If I add an AIM screen-name for a person to their palm profile and that screen-name matches an AIM contact, it will auto link.

I do the same with email addresses for linking up facebook contacts. It might autolink based on the full name too, if they are a perfect match.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    I have my contacts all in gmail and also sync with FB. When I doctored my phone the contacts were still linked. I assumed the links were held in your Palm profile.
    How interesting! I just replaced my Pre from the first time and my "linked profiles" didn't save :\
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the linkings are not saved. That being said, they WILL be autolinked if they contain duplicate data.

Example: linking AIM contacts. If I add an AIM screen-name for a person to their palm profile and that screen-name matches an AIM contact, it will auto link.

I do the same with email addresses for linking up facebook contacts. It might autolink based on the full name too, if they are a perfect match.
    I just commented on this elsewhere BUT I just replaced my Pre and the linked profiles were NOT saved, but of course matching names, IM addresses, exc will of course automatically link again.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    A way to get around the non linked profiles is to use the patch to email all you contacts as vcards to gmail, import clean them up and then just use gmail as your contact list....
    Ok, so I had roughly 100 contacts in my phone before I synced in my FB account. These contacts just had a name (first and last) and a phone number. Also, I didn't have any other accounts synced in yet, JUST these palm profile contacts.

Sooo, I then added my FB account (around 400 friends). Of my 400 friends on FB, I would say about 70 of them had 'eligibility' to link with it's sister account already in my palm profile contacts. Disregarding any of my friends on FB that had weird names that wouldn't match, only around 15 or so automatically linked. The rest didn't link at all, even though the first and last names matched identically.

So is the phone's synergy just not smart enough to link them? Has anyone else had a problem like this?!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    There is NO logical reason to have all 200-300 FB friends in your cell phone..thats stupid regardless of having to scroll through them or not. I dont know about you but once and a while I like to scroll through my contacts to see who all is in there and who can be deleted since I may not have talked to them in forever (or dont want to)...scrolling through an extra 300 FB contacts half of which don't even have phone numbers attached is stupid...

This is a simple fix that someone at Palm should be able to do...universal search FTW is not the answer...
    It is stupid to use ones cell phone the way they want to? Thats a bit abrasive there, hoss.

I agree that the synergy is a bit clunky in linking to facebook for my needs, I hate the fact that I cant delete a contact from my phone if it is from facebook... but at the same time you have to remember this phone does more than make phone calls... it texts, emails, ims, blogs, tweets, so on and so forth... THAT is the power of this phone... and its a first generation OS...

If you have something as powerful as universal search... why would you want to take the time to scroll through your contacts? "Theres no logical reason for scrolling... thats just stupid."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12