Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
       #1  
    I searched but couldn't find this specific topic (or a solution). The company I work for has switched to Gmail to host our email. I have successfully set up the account both ways (IMAP and EAS) but not really sure the "best" approach.

    IMAP: Quick. Does Push but doesn't support searching our Google domain's GAL. Moving emails to a "Folder" (Label) works.

    EAS: All of the above with the addition of the GAL. However when I move a message from the Inbox to another "Folder" it remains in the inbox on the device. Searching the web interface reveals that the Pre applied the correct label to the message but left it in the inbox rather than moving it. So in essence it copies itself to the folder on the phone then you have to delete it from the inbox on the phone for it to be truly "Moved" to the folder (Label).

    I'm probably doing a horrible job of explaining this. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is familiar with this and has some advice. I have been using the EAS route happily and just deleting the messages after I move them to a folder on my phone. (Or wait and just clean up my Inbox when I get to a computer). Just wondering if there is a better way.

    Thanks for any advice!
  2. #2  
    If you're using 1.4 (or later), try this. Just put in the email address and domain, and the Pre will automatically recognize it as a Google account. Previously, we had to manually set it up, using IMAP, then adding the proper port numbers, but that's gone away with 1.4.

    I can't say for sure this fixes your specific issues (I've never tried those things), but I know they specifically added new functionality for Google Domains gmail in 1.4.
  3. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
       #3  
    Hey thanks for the response.

    I tried it again just now and the email app says my account doesn't exist (our Google Apps domain doesn't end in @google.com it is an @xxx.edu address. So I do the above steps manually both work just selecting Gmail doesn't sync the GAL and EAS doesn't handle lables properly. So close!

Posting Permissions