Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    It's a little late in the game for me to ask this, but I can not find an answer I am happy enough with. I have not taken the opportunity to use this feature of WebOS, since I am just using gmail and gchat for right now.

    Does Synergy just pull info or does it also push info?

    If Synergy pushes, can you set it to pull only.

    Can synergy be set to sync (push & pull) from one source, say google, but just pull from another source, like LinkedIn.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. tavik's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #2  
    Synergy will push & pull to your default account... and not your other accounts.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tavik View Post
    Synergy will push & pull to your default account... and not your other accounts.
    So from the other accounts it just pulls?
  4. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    So from the other accounts it just pulls?
    Yes. And when it pulls from non-default accounted it doesn't push that information to the default account. The only thing that get pushed to the default account is information created on webOS. For non-default accounts Synergy really just aggregates sources. So, if you link to LinkIn, for example, you will see the LinkIn information, but that information would not be pushed to the default account.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Yes. And when it pulls from non-default accounted it doesn't push that information to the default account. The only thing that get pushed to the default account is information created on webOS. For non-default accounts Synergy really just aggregates sources. So, if you link to LinkIn, for example, you will see the LinkIn information, but that information would not be pushed to the default account.
    Thank you.

    One more question. Is there anyway to have WebOS push data from a non-default account to my default account? Or do i need to manually add data from the non-default account to the default (either on server or on phone)?
  6. #6  
    Adding fuel the fire.... I just spent hours on the phone with Palm.....after deleting apps, and resets, and trials and errors, they informed me that any and all contacts added to the Pre, whether from Synergy, or manual input, or Outlook, or wherever, ALL ACCOUNTS ADDED TO THE UNIT PRIOR TO ADDING A GOOGLE ACCOUNT, will not sync to Google. Palm instructed me that the only way to get any contacts into Google, that are currently on my unit, that were added prior to adding the Google account, will have to be deleted and readded.

    This is the biggest crock of BS. What a royal pain. So this phone really does not do what it is advertised to do.
  7. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajccokujhawk View Post
    Adding fuel the fire.... I just spent hours on the phone with Palm.....after deleting apps, and resets, and trials and errors, they informed me that any and all contacts added to the Pre, whether from Synergy, or manual input, or Outlook, or wherever, ALL ACCOUNTS ADDED TO THE UNIT PRIOR TO ADDING A GOOGLE ACCOUNT, will not sync to Google. Palm instructed me that the only way to get any contacts into Google, that are currently on my unit, that were added prior to adding the Google account, will have to be deleted and readded.

    This is the biggest crock of BS. What a royal pain. So this phone really does not do what it is advertised to do.
    It would be nice if this were easier and more flexible. I'm pretty sure is an easy work-around for getting from the Palm profile over to Google.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajccokujhawk View Post
    Adding fuel the fire.... I just spent hours on the phone with Palm.....after deleting apps, and resets, and trials and errors, they informed me that any and all contacts added to the Pre, whether from Synergy, or manual input, or Outlook, or wherever, ALL ACCOUNTS ADDED TO THE UNIT PRIOR TO ADDING A GOOGLE ACCOUNT, will not sync to Google. Palm instructed me that the only way to get any contacts into Google, that are currently on my unit, that were added prior to adding the Google account, will have to be deleted and readded.

    This is the biggest crock of BS. What a royal pain. So this phone really does not do what it is advertised to do.
    There is a patch in preware that will allow you to send all contacts in your phone as a vcard via email. You should be able to take that vcard and upload it into your google contacts.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    There is a patch in preware that will allow you to send all contacts in your phone as a vcard via email. You should be able to take that vcard and upload it into your google contacts.
    Can you please post the link for it?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajccokujhawk View Post
    Can you please post the link for it?
    You can install via Preware or WebOS Quick Install. My preference for this instance is WebOS Quick Install.

    1) Check out http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html
    2) Follow the instructions in the first post to install WebOS Quick Install
    3) After you have WebOS Quick Install up and running, go to Tools -> tweaks -> Online Repository -> scroll down to Send All Contacts via Email -> install.

    You can check out http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware to get more info on Preware.

Posting Permissions