1.    #1  
    I've noticed a weird problem with my Exchange calendar on the Pre. When I receive and accept a meeting request via e-mail on the Pre, it sends the response and appears to work--but the event does not show up on my calendar on the Pre. If I go to my desktop (or even view web access) the event is on the calendar, but it still shows up as if I have not accepted it. Only after I click accept again in the calendar through Outlook or web access is it showing up on the Pre's calendar (and then almost immediately).

Any ideas? It is not so convenient if I have to go back and accept events AGAIN on the Outlook calendar--especially since I don't really use it. Once I get them on that calendar, I just switch them over to Google on the Pre so I have all my appointments in the same place. Any ideas?

The strange thing is, this actually worked on my Treo. Odd!

Thanks.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I've noticed a weird problem with my Exchange calendar on the Pre. When I receive and accept a meeting request via e-mail on the Pre, it sends the response and appears to work--but the event does not show up on my calendar on the Pre. If I go to my desktop (or even view web access) the event is on the calendar, but it still shows up as if I have not accepted it. Only after I click accept again in the calendar through Outlook or web access is it showing up on the Pre's calendar (and then almost immediately).

Any ideas? It is not so convenient if I have to go back and accept events AGAIN on the Outlook calendar--especially since I don't really use it. Once I get them on that calendar, I just switch them over to Google on the Pre so I have all my appointments in the same place. Any ideas?

The strange thing is, this actually worked on my Treo. Odd!

Thanks.
    I'm not sure about the accepting of invitations issues, other than to say that I don't believe the Pre can accept invitations for any calendar platform (I know it can't for Google), but, that being the case, if you ultimately want to have all your appointments in Google anyway (which it sounds like from your post), may I ask why you're going through the effort of accepting them into your Exchange calendar and then transferring them over to your Google calendar in the first place? If I understand your needs correctly, why not just have a rule set on your Exchange account that forwards any meeting requests to your Gmail address, and then set your Gmail address to automatically add meeting requests into your calendar. That would achieve exactly what I understand you to need - meeting requests sent to your Exchange address will automatically be added to your Google calendar. Does that work? Or am I missing something here? I hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    The Pre sure should be able to accept the calendar requests--it has a nice dialogue that comes up with the e-mail with the options to click to act on the request. It is easier for me to have it added to the Exchange/Outlook calendar (and then the sender also gets my response) and then when I'm in calendar later just click it over to Google so when I look on a PC everything is in one place.

However, it is NOT working for some reason. As I said, it adds the event to my Outlook calendar on the server side but is still not synching to the Pre calendar until I accept it again on a desktop or by logging into our web Outlook/Exchange access.
    I receive events from google and my exchange account and when click accept in the email it adds it to my calendar.
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I receive events from google and my exchange account and when click accept in the email it adds it to my calendar.
    Do I understand you correctly that you receive event invitations sent to your Gmail address, and you're prompted to accept the invitations into your Google calendar? Everything I've read from both Google and Palm indicate this isn't possible, and I haven't been able to achieve this either. Are you sure (or am I mis-reading your message) about the Google end of things? Maybe it's just Exchange that works this way for you? If you are able to do this via Google, is it new as of one of the latest updates or something? Or via some patch? Again, everything I've read from Palm and Google say this isn't possible? You've got me intrigued
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Do I understand you correctly that you receive event invitations sent to your Gmail address, and you're prompted to accept the invitations into your Google calendar? Everything I've read from both Google and Palm indicate this isn't possible, and I haven't been able to achieve this either. Are you sure (or am I mis-reading your message) about the Google end of things? Maybe it's just Exchange that works this way for you? If you are able to do this via Google, is it new as of one of the latest updates or something? Or via some patch? Again, everything I've read from Palm and Google say this isn't possible? You've got me intrigued
    This is a feature of the Exchange support, not Google. It works for me as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7.    #7  
    I can confirm that it SUPPOSED to work with Exchange (but, as noted above, currently is not; at least on my phone. The events are getting on my calendar, but aren't really accepted, and therefore are not synching back to the Exchange calendar on the Pre). I have not gotten a meeting request on my Google calendar because I do not use my Gmail account.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Thanks for confirming for me. I didn't think this was possible, but I was hoping when I read the post
    If I understand your question correctly. You recieve an invite from your Exchange account you accept but it doesn't show up in your Pre? Am I correct in my understanding? I receive invites all the time from my teachers and our school district uses Exchange I click accept on my Pre and it populates my calendar with whatever reminder the teacher set. I get Ard notices and grade level meeting notices on a regular basis. I forget and then I feel my phone vibrating and realize I should be at a meeting. This works in my google and exchange account.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Google allows you to send invites and accept as well.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    If I understand your question correctly. You recieve an invite from your Exchange account you accept but it doesn't show up in your Pre? Am I correct in my understanding? I receive invites all the time from my teachers and our school district uses Exchange I click accept on my Pre and it populates my calendar with whatever reminder the teacher set. I get Ard notices and grade level meeting notices on a regular basis. I forget and then I feel my phone vibrating and realize I should be at a meeting. This works in my google and exchange account.
    I understand you can receive invitations that will auto-populate your Google calendar (as do I), and that you'll be alerted when you have an appointment (as do I), but are you SURE you click to ACCEPT appointments to your GOOGLE calendar? Or do they get accepted automatically by Google into your Google calendar (as mine do). As you've stated it (that you click to accept invitations into your GOOGLE calendar) shouldn't be possible...
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Google allows you to send invites and accept as well.
    Please provide exact steps you take to send invites from your Google Calendar on your Pre? Perhaps some screen shots? I just don't understand how this is possible when Google and Palm (and everyone else) seems to say it's impossible? I SOOOO want to believe you and get this functionality for myself, but don't see how it's possible? I need to enter the Google Calendar via the web browser to send invites from my Pre.... Thanks in advance for clarifying....I soooo want this to be true!
    This is the email I get from a google invite

I can click yes and it is added to my calendar. I haven't tried no to see if it doesn't add it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    This is the email I get from a google invite

I can click yes and it is added to my calendar. I haven't tried no to see if it doesn't add it.
    Wow - thank you for helping me out with this! I have NEVER seen or heard of this before. I see that you sent the invitation from a Google address to a Google address, and so I tried that myself. I was NOT able to send myself an invitation from my own calendar (it just added the even to my calendar without forwarding me my own invitation), but I was able to send myself one from my wife's Google calendar. Interestingly enough, though, same as the OP, even though I clicked to accept my wife's invitation on my Pre, it remained showing an unconfirmed in my calendar until I clicked to accept it via the web browser on my PC. Further question though, did you actually SEND that invitation from your phone? Or did you send it from your computer's (or phone's) browser? If you sent the invitation from your phone's calendar app, can you post a snapshot of that too? Thanks again for helping me out with this!
    Yes you can send invites from google calendar from your Pre. The first screen shot has the plus sign you hit to get to the add event.

@mikeelmendorf the last screen shot is the email I receive from an exchange account when I hit accept it puts it into my exhchange calendar automatically.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Yes you can send invites from google calendar from your Pre. The first screen shot has the plus sign you hit to get to the add event.

@mikeelmendorf the last screen shot is the email I receive from an exchange account when I hit accept it puts it into my exhchange calendar automatically.
    As I thought - you're sending the invitation from your Pre's WEB BROWSER, not via the CALENDAR APP built into the Pre, right? That's what your photo is indicating. I know we can send invitations from the browser - This is what I do now. The holy grail we've all been seeking is how to send the invitation from within the Pre's built-in CALENDAR APP. Thanks anyway for trying to help. You at least taught me something new about being able to send invites from Google to Google and be able to see them on your Pre
    Yes I wish they would start letting us send from the calendar app as well.