1.    #1  
    Is there a way to have someone elses Google calendar synced with my Pre without their Gmail being ported over too?

My wife & I both have Pres and want to share a calendar, but when I setup my Pre to receive her calendar I get all her email flooding my phone too - which I simply don't want.

How can this be remedied - other than just creating a dedicated Google account just for keeping calendar events, and both of us syncing up to that.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Is there a way to have someone elses Google calendar synced with my Pre without their Gmail being ported over too?

My wife & I both have Pres and want to share a calendar, but when I setup my Pre to receive her calendar I get all her email flooding my phone too - which I simply don't want.

How can this be remedied - other than just creating a dedicated Google account just for keeping calendar events, and both of us syncing up to that.
    The best option is to share your google calendar. My wife and I do this so I can view her calendar, which has her and my sons activities. Works great!
    For the record though, while the adding of Google Calendar adds other services (GMail / Contacts) at first sync, if you remove them one by one after, they stay removed.

Same for Facebook if you want to remove the Events calendar, or for Yahoo if you want to add YIM but not contacts, calendar, and email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    The best option is to share your google calendar. My wife and I do this so I can view her calendar, which has her and my sons activities. Works great!
    yeah just go to your calender on google.com/calendar and theres an option for that, so you can add someone elses calendar......................boob<<<< i just like saying that randomly sorry
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post

Adding them both, then removing the gmail account will work.

But the right way would be to use your own Google account, and subscribe to their calendar. Then it will show up on your calendar.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all.